Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello just got my tC and i wanna install a sub and amp except i dont really know how to take out my stock head unit. im going to stick with my stock head unit and just plug the amp into it, i just need to get it out first. anyone know how? and if you do take it out, does it ask for any codes in order to reinstall it? thanks

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
Take off shiftknob.
Remove trimpiece that contains the shift boot.
Disconnect the lighter.
Set the shifter trimpiece aside.
From the bottom, pull up and out on the radio surround.
Disconnect the climate control harness.
Set the radio surround aside.
Radio is right there, held in place by 2 10mm head bolts, and a pair of philips screws.

No reset codes required.
Installation is the reverse of disassembly.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
its really not that complicated once you get into it... you have to unhook that stuff if you want to remove the panels so you can have space to work when you remove teh HU...

EDIT... look at this post... hes putting lights in.. but he has to remove the panels to do so

http://www.yoursciontc.com/forums/index.ph...65&hl=learn+how

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Rabber Flatch,

Its really quite simple, I think it took me 3 minutes to take the radio out first time I did it. It is sooooooooo easy compared to many other cars. Also taking the underside of the dash off to run wires is about as easy, just a couple of clips.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.