Scion tC Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm pretty sure that I want to install my amp under the passenger seat. It seems to me that the easiest way for this to be achieved would be to remove the entire seat while I install it. However, I have the side impact airbags installed, and in the instruction manual it shows that there is actually an airbag inside the seat (it explodes towards the door), unless I was seeing something funky.

If that's the case, how can I remove the seat? I see what screws have to come off, but, what happens if I unplug these two white and yellow plugs that go into the seat?

Also, in that section of that owner's manual, it says to "Contact your Scion dealer before disconnecting the battery"... why?

Second question (easy), I got enough wire to have my ground anywhere I want- where's the best place? The negative battery terminal?

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Can't help witht he other stuff, but one reason for the "Contact your Scion dealer before disconnecting the battery" line might be the fact that the power windows have to be reset when the power is disconnected...

You should be able to find information about that by doing a search...

·
Registered
290 Posts
not sure why u have to call the dealer about the battery, but i dont have those side airbags. I unhooked my battery to install my sub and there were no ill effects except the radio went back to the scion greeting instead of my personal one:) But a BIG bonus all the radio stations stay programmed!!!!! you should have no problem taking out the seat if your disconnect the battery, and then the plugs under the seat. re-installing in the opposite manner:) good luck

Yeah you have to reset the windows, sunroof, and hatch when you hook the battery back up!!!

·
Registered
49 Posts
I wasn't sure about unplugging the seat when I installed my amp, so I didn't do it. I just removed all the bolts holding the seat down, removed the head rest, and tilted the seat back as far as I could without stretching the wires. I had plenty of room to work with, but it would have been a little easier if I had removed the seat.
As for the ground wire, you're supposed to attach to ground no farther that 3 feet from the amp. I sanded a spot on the floorboard where the left front bolt holds the passenger seat down, and attach my ground there.... no ground loop issue or anything!

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the quick responses guys!

Ricoo- I think I'll give your suggestion a try: unbolt and push back, while leaving the wires plugged in. I'm not trying to reset my airbags or something crazy!

I really need to contact my dealer and make sure doing this won't void my extended warranty...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts