Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI EVERYBODY!!

WELL I AM JUST WONDERING IF ANYBODY HAVE INSTALLED A REMOTE STARTER ON A MANUAL TC MODEL ? SINCE I AM INTERESTED TO GET ONE BECAUSE THAT IS SOOO CONVENIENCE TO HAVE IT ON WINTER DAYS !

i JUST WANTED TO KNOW IF YOU CAN AVOID USING THE CLUTCH SINCE YOU HAVE TO PRESS THE PEDAL BEFORE YOU START THE ENGINE , I AM SURE YOU CAN MAKE A SHORTCUT ON THAT SWITCH,AND THE OTHER THING IS WE HAVE THE IMMOBILIZER INSTALLED BY SCION .

iS THAT A PROBLEM WHEN YOU TRY TO START THE CAR WITH THE REMOTE ,BECAUSE THERE IS NO KEYS IN THE IGNITION!!!!
SO IF ANYBODY HAVE DONE IT ???????

THANKS

BE SAFE!!

·
Registered
409 Posts
next time don't yell =), newayZ theres a bunch of threads somewhere about remote start, the biggest thing about remote start is that yes it will work but if you leave your car in gear like a lot of ppl do, you might forget or something and ur car will go rolling bye bye , i 0n0 just use the search feature

·
Registered
409 Posts
lol man you need to calm down, im just saying cuz a lot of ppl don't appreciate the caps, ie it was a joke cuz caps means ur yelling....

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
johny boy, ease up with yelling and confrontation. Caps were considered yelling as far as netiquette goes from the dawn of times, so be considerate.

As far as remote start goes - both the clutch switch and our immobilizer can be bypassed by an experienced installer, but is it really worth it?

·
Registered
299 Posts
haha.. he snapped on phammerz
that's funny

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Originally posted by SilverX@Oct 26 2004, 04:07 PM
Just put it on neutral.
What if you park on the hill? And the parking brake slips? And your car rolls 500 yards before slamming into a busy intersection? Not good. I'd rather have to turn the key to start my car.

·
Registered
228 Posts
zoltiz

err... on the hill... busy intesection close... curb your wheels?

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
PROFESSIONAL INSTALLERS GENERALLY WILL NOT INSTALL A REMOTE START SYSTEM ON A CAR WITH A MANUAL TRANSMISSION BECAUSE PEOPLE LEAVE THE CAR IN GEAR, AND THEN IT TENDS TO ROLL DOWN A HILL AND KILL SOMEONE, WHICH CAN BE UNPLEASANT.

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
I'M JUST GOING TO DUCK MY HEAD...OOPS...CAN'T DUCK MY HEAD.... I'M GOING TO...ER...ERRR....RUN...WAIT...CAN'T RUN....UM.....HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
223 Posts
I PREFER TO BUY AN AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION AND USE A KEY.

late

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Originally posted by water@Oct 26 2004, 08:24 PM
err... on the hill... busy intesection close... curb your wheels?
ok. different scenario - parking lot on a hill. Real life scenario - my buddy bought a brand new car, 2 days later parked at the mall, did not pull the parking brake all the way up - the car rolled 150 yards into a guardrail, smashed the bumper. Luckily nobody was in it's way.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I AM ORDERING YOU TO READ THE OWNERS MANUAL.... BAD THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO DON'T.... YOU AND YOUR KIDS WILL BE CURSED UNTIL SOMEONE FINALLY READS THE TC MANUAL

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
HERE'S SOME EARPLUGS. REMEMBER...THEY GO IN THE EARS....THE EARS. READ MY LIPS...CAN'T YOU READ MY LIPS??

On another note...I think we scared the newbie off.

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
^^^^^ Me, phungy? Have you missed the first page of this thread? LoL.....

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
hey all !!

I did not scared away , the caps to me does not mean yelling , i was just wanted to be noticed !!

I live in new york there is not much hills around ,and as one of you said i can turn the wheels to the curb , that what i was thinking to do so !

so i guess non of you have done tha starter.

be good

·
Registered
117 Posts
Originally posted by johny@Oct 27 2004, 04:51 PM
...be good

Yeah, guys...listen to the newb and be good. Waaay to much racket going on back here, this is supposed to be a respectable tC community!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts