Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did it. I used 2 mini switches and some metal brackets to make safety switches for my Clifford Matrix 3.5RS alarm with remote start. The same type switches that have the thin metal arm that are used for some nitrous applications can be used to make neutral safety switches. I'll have to take sme pics. What I did is used the alarms nuetral safety switch wire as input. The e brake supplies the ground needed when up. So I tapped into the ebrake wire then ran that through the switches that are normally closed (N.C.) to the alarm. When the ebrake is released or the shifter moves left or right it disconnects the wire from ground. Thus stopping the remote start. I need to make sure it works for 3rd and 4th. I know it works for 1,2,5,R. I also put on a on/off switch in series just incase someone borrows the car. PM for picks since I don't know how to post pics here

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I send you pics Carlos, Yes it is maybe easier to use a Compustar but not as secure of an alarm. DEI products are more secure with the hideable coded valet switch or ghost switch option. Compustar- has a big security flaw in my opinion. I chose to buy a harder to install alarm and pay $50+ more for good security and better features.

·
Registered
60 Posts
i agree with you 8. My boy was going to get me an alarm from circuit city thats a remote start safe for manuals but it wasnt DEI. I'd rather have a good alarm and chance it with a remote start. i'm the sole driver of my car (my friends cant drive stick) and my dad moves my car every 3 months or so. He leaves the car in gear, and I ALWAYS forget to take it off when i start. I drove a manual galant about two years before my current manual corolla, and i'm used to leaving the car in neutral with the brake. BTW, i didnt receive your pics. you can try this e-mail: [email protected] Thanks man

·
Registered
185 Posts
From what I have read, the AutoCommand line by Designtech are some of the best remote starters avaliable for Manual Transmission and can either be standalone or purchased (for less money) as an addon to any currently installed security system. It has sensors to check whether the car is in gear or not, some other stuff, and a neat pit-stop function that will let you take the keys out of the car while its running if you need to get out for whatever reason.

http://www.designtech-intl.com/autoCommandPro.asp

They have a link at the bottom to DEI's website but I don't think they are one in the same.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I don't like the design tech. Tht was actually made by PME and then they sold it to Designtech. I installed that alarm in 2003 in Korea for PME as a beta test on an american vehicle before it went into production. PME was looking to sell the desing to someone. PME made the Aladdin A2000. I worked for them for 6 months and I also Rep'd for them at the SEMA show and the CES show in 2001 I think. Anyway, I didn't like the thier new alarm which I installed for them in Korea. It was called the Lynx2000 under thier name. Go to gopme.com then designtech and check it out. They are the same alarm. Made in Korea.
I did the beta testing for the Aladdin A2000 for them in Washington. That is where it originated. I got the job because I just happened to work for another Korean and it was the whole "Korean hook up thing. Koreans always do buisness with other Koreans.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes, its cheap. The Desingtech is an upgraded A2000. All of the other on the market can do the same thing pretty much. The DEI is NOT for manual trans. The Compustar is. Those 22 have a great warranty and I think will last alot longer. When I installed the one I did in Korea, it seemed cheap. Alot of companies make alarms. Alot of them will probably not last all that long. The desing tech is the same as the compustar. It may have a temperature sensor but who cares. I had that feature on a Aladdin A2000. I didn't use it. Compustar allows you to remove the key and keeps the car running, also has a turbo timer. How they sense that the car is in gear is not really sensing. When you get out it keeps the car running. Thus the car is in nuetral. So it would be bad on a convertible. IF you want a RS on your car do what I did or get a Compustar.

I just don't like that alarm, especially if design tech hasn't made any changes. I don't know how much it costs now, they were like $200. The company, PME who made it stiffed me on some money that owed me and left me with 1 &1/2 of one of those alarms. I sold it on ebay for $140 with an extra brain. Turns out the guy who bought it used to come to my shop. He's a good shade tree installer. Both units were broke,bad, TU. That wasn't good. He had to get a new one from PME.

PME tried to sell the design of the Aladdin A2000 to DEI years ago at the CES show. They even gave a free one to DEI. What a bunch of idiots! DEI took it apart and tested it and said that it violated FCC rules on frequency and range. They contacted the FCC and we had to stop selling them at the CES show, we could only take orders on "new versions". I know that A2000 had the best range for the longest time. Compustar is probably the best now. DEI's range sucks but I don't care because, I only wnat it to start my car from inside work. Not so I can run out of the mall and and get my butt beaten or shot over my car.

DesignTech bought that design not made it. So I think they must not have a good R&D department. DEI and Compustar do. They keep making new models. Plus I don't trust a company that can't get their stuff sold at real install shops. They sell at WalMart. If it isn't sold at a shop that waranties thier work and or products don't buy it. Enough said.

Here are my switches. Check out the gallery
http://photobucket.com/albums/b85/it8ezbngrn/

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.