Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats up people,
I just thought I would snap a quick picture of the rig I used on my manual trany to make sure the remote start doesnt start unless the stick is in the neutral position.
Someone posted a link to something similar in here and that is where I got the idea for this, however that link was for a camero or something so i figured this would help fellow Scion owners.

As you can see in the picture I have placed two springs on either side of the stick shift. Then I wrapped the actual stick with electrical tape and then wrapped a aluminum reflective tape around the electrical tape to isolate it from the metal stick. Now what happens is when the stick is in gear 1, 3 or 5 the back spring doesnt touch the reflecting tape and therefore the ground connection is broken and the car wont start. Now when the stick is in 2nd, 4th or reverse the ground is again broken and the car cant start. You just connect the neutral/parking safety wire from your alarm head unit to one spring and then ground the other spring. As far as materials go I just used some tiny 1/4" brass wood screws to screw into the plastic. Well let me know what you think or if you have any questions.
peace
Adam

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.