Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well it appears that my new security system will be a top of the line Viper 791XV 2 Way Alarm W/Remote Start. one of my VA clubmates who works at Best buy (i think) get sum serious hook up employee discounts and so therefore im gonna get a system "retailed at 599" for 200 flat. im so syked. i gotta get my return back first as that is what i intended on getting my system with anyway. i have everything set up systematically to obtain. first tint, blue'ed out gauges and HVAC, wheels (stockers getting black chromed), sec. sys, TRD intake. YAY! im just happy and i had to tell sumbody. not gloating.

· Registered
4,894 Posts
Same alarm I have. Remember: You'll need a key bypass because of the engine immobilizer system. You'll have to hide a key with a chip (Use the valet key) somewhere in the car.

· Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
whoa, whatcha mean. do i have to buy sumthing xtra or just hide the key sumwhere? and wont that just completely take away my immobilizer feature on the car?

· Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by Cheeky@Feb 9 2006, 02:56 PM
more go less show! But /cheer for the alarm!
im not as concerned with go right now if my car can have all my stuff jacked in mere minutes. i spend the majority or my time a good distance from my car at work and i really dont think it would be a good investment to continue modding and make my car stand out more and more and have no failsafes in case i get the wrong attention from the wrong folks. i work in a rather....crime ridden city. we just jumped up to #6 in crime here and we're no where near as big as NY. go fasts will come lil later.
the cars only 3 months old buddy. gimmie sum time.

· Registered
1 Posts
Any aftermarket alarm system (edit:for the tc) will need a bypass transponder module. You can also get that at best buy. At none-hookup price it is 58 bucks, but if you get a hookup or buy it online its 19 bucks. I also have a viper 791 and I hid my module behind my steering wheel. It's up to you where you want to hid it. I placed it there because it's hard to reach.

· Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
so basically that eliminates my stock immobilizer capability tho doesnt it.

· Registered
4,894 Posts
No, it doesn't remove the engine immobilizer capability.

· Registered
188 Posts
david90 Posted on Apr 12 2006, 03:24 PM
  Is there a bypass module that doesn't require the use of a spare key? I feel like taking 1 step forward with an alarm system but 2 steps backward by leaving a key in my car. [/b]
Not that i know of.. Just use one of your spares and stick it up under the dash to you can't reach it unless you take a panel off....You don't need 3 keys for 1 car.

· Registered
82 Posts
I've had the VIPER/Python alarms for years and have had no issues. They are both made by DEI , Directed Electronics and they rock. I have The PYthon version, same thing. The range is off the hook, the remote is sweet and looks like a mini cell phone that you can personalize. I recommend you get a basic remote as a spare. I have the power window module and hatch release. You can just keep adding to this thing. Big bucks but well worth the money. I have the remote starter as well on the same unit. I have a brandy new remote so when the old one get too scatched up for my taste I will swap it out.

· Registered
319 Posts
the engine bypass you'll need is a DEI 556UW and the valet key will work, but dont forget the 529t(2 of them for the windows) the DEI 530 will not work!!!, the DEI 506t audio senor/glass breaker or the DEI 508D dual zone prox and or the DEI 545t nite light system, headlight auto turn on

· ex-06'er
1,116 Posts
I dug through a bunch of old topics and the Viper 791xv seems to be one of the most popular alarm systems on here. For the people who have it or techs who install it on a regular basis - can I get a quick run down of pros/cons, the features you can program to it, etc.?

Most of the threads I saw this mentioned in were really old (like last summer-ish) so if there's any new input that would be really helpful, thanks.

· ex-06'er
1,116 Posts
Another couple questions - I've called four places so far and they've all quoted me around $500 for the alarm/remote start and around $150 for extra parts and labor. Some people were saying they got it for around $500 installed - where?

And as far as programmable features, what do people have and how much extra cost and hardware does that involve?

Thanks.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.