Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought the TC about 3 months ago, and well Its an awesome car. But recently i have been regretting my decision. I wish i had gone with the tacoma 4 door pre runner. ITs like wanting a strawberry shake, but you get a vanilla shake, and well I kinda wanna taste the strawberry now.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
I don't know what to say to that. They're completely different vehicles. I never regret not buying a Tacoma, because I hate trucks, so I can't really identify directly. I am sorry that you are unhappy, though.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
I was actually in the market for a 4x4 truck (Chevy Colorado) before I bought the tC. The only time I regret it is when there's a foot of snow on the road, or I happen by an enticing giant mud hole.

·
Registered
142 Posts
ITs like wanting a strawberry shake, but you get a vanilla shake, and well I kinda wanna taste the strawberry now.[/b]
Nope, it's more like wanting a puppy, but you get a vanilla shake, and well you kinda want to taste the puppy now.

$30K truck vs. $16K coupe? How did you manage to buy a wrong vehicle?

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
tell you what - swing by my office. i'll take your tC on trade, and set you up with a fat deal on a tacoma.

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
I like mine too. I think i've put whipped cream and sprinkles on that shake too.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Except that the tC is $17,200 with all the options you need included, and the Tacoma is $22,000 with nothing on it.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Well I owned a 2000 Tacoma Pre Runner. I traded it in for my Tc. I had alot of problems with my truck. I was never going to purchase a Toyota again but I gave in and got the Tc. I had to get a valve job done on my truck at about 70,000 wich my Toyota extra care would not cover. Set me back about 1800. Had some other problems that I wont waste your time with but I hated my Pre Runner. Maybe 2000 was a bad year for the Pre Runner but I know another person who got rid of it within the first or second year because of all the problems.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Originally posted by N8t_888@Jan 2 2006, 04:30 AM
Well I owned a 2000 Tacoma Pre Runner. I traded it in for my Tc. I had alot of problems with my truck.  I was never going to purchase a Toyota again but I gave in and got the Tc.
That's surprising... Toyota's, especially the trucks, are renowned for going hundreds of thousands of miles without giving out. My first vehicle was an 88 Toyota 4x4 pickup... it had 175,000 when I bought it and I ran that thing through every mud hole I could find (and let me tell you... I live in the Appalachian mountains... where there's old hollows and creek crossings and deep, dark, truck-swallowing, moss-covered, stagnant mud holes that haven't seen sunlight in a thousand years) and I never had a problem with it, even with water up to the door handles. The only thing I ever had to do to that truck was replace a little rubber O-ring type thing inside the clutch master cylinder that had split and caused a very minor leak.

I ended up getting the itch to buy this '90 Camaro I came across and ended up buying it and selling my truck... worst car mistake I ever made. I had no end of trouble out of the Camaro and ended up selling it at auction for $800 (my step father is an auctioneer and owns 2 car auction spots)... I think I paid $4k for it.

So anyways... I'd be sad if the Tacomas of today aren't as well built as those of old.

EDIT: speeling fixd

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
with 110K miles on our 98 Tacoma V6 4x4, i can report nothing negative. that truck is indestructable. factory clutch, factory timing chain. and more than our fair share of off road time, beating the hell out of it. my brother just sank it again two days ago, water and mud rushing in the cab from the tilt to the driver's side. got it yanked out by a jeep, hosed it out (inside smells nice as it dries
) and kept on going.
i'm on my 5th toyota with my tC, and i cant think of another make to purchase.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I think my Tacoma was just a lemon. I was just disappointed with them because I purchased the Toyota extended warranty and they would not cover the valve job. That same year I had to replace my starter and 2 ignition coils. Was a bad year for my truck and I. Starter was covered under extended warranty.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.