Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone redlining the scion tc alot.... What happened to me was... my friend has an acrua rsx and he's used to the redline being up to 8000 rpms so i let him drive my car once and he redlined the **** out of it in first gear.... does the scion tc have some sort of electronic device to prevent it from damaging the engine becuase i heard the engine go like vroooom duh duh duh duh duh, like as if the rpms were going up and down slightly... i just hope my friend didn't **** up my car cuz im gonna beat his ass down if he did

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
i have let more than a few people drive my car. moriarty, eric, and wolo have all driven it. my brother, mother, and father. and a couple random friends i can trust.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
You can bounce it off the rev-limiter all day and it won't be an issue. What you really don't want is to downshift and whizz the engine way past redline. There is nothing Toyota can do to prevent that, and it will permanently damage the engine in less than a second.

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
so dont grab second on your way from fifth to fourth? guess they cant make it idiot proof...

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Whew...Thank God somebody started this topic, cuz about 3 days ago, I (and I'm not proud of it) went to about 6600 rpms while trying to shift from 3rd to 4th and (I was really tired) I guess I pulled out the clutch too early and it didn't go into gear, causing it to rev. It was only in redline for about 3 seconds at most, but I hope I didn't cause any damage to my engine.

Anyway, I've been feeling really bad about it

·
Registered
832 Posts
I've hit the rev limiter several times. it bums me out, but it won't hurt the engine. It's there to prevent engine damage from overreving.
I'm sure this motor would be just fine spinning to seven grand at the expense of a slight loss of longevity. Most OEMs are pretty conservative with where they set their rev limits. That's why well maintained cars are going three and four hundred thousand without having to rebuild the engines now.

·
Registered
271 Posts
OH WELL....

·
Registered
129 Posts
Originally posted by lo bux racer@Jan 29 2005, 08:39 PM
You can bounce it off the rev-limiter all day and it won't be an issue. What you really don't want is to downshift and whizz the engine way past redline. There is nothing Toyota can do to prevent that, and it will permanently damage the engine in less than a second.
are you serious? so i can rev past redline and bounce of the limiter time and time again and it wont do anything to the engine?

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
that's why its a limiter... sure u'll get sucky gas milage.... but its put in there for the safety of the engine...

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.