Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys...

I'm getting my tC in the next week or two (IIP, 5-speed). The accessories I want so far are the lowering springs, the mesh ball shift knob, and the colored steering wheel. Are there any accessories that you guys feel are more a necessity than an option?

The TRD exhaust seems a decent idea... though I'm not sure it's worth it since it doesn't really add more power.

Should I purchase the shocks in conjunction with the springs? It's not necessary, but is it better?

Any input/all opinions are welcome.

Thanks,

Mark

PS - I can't wait to upgrade to the tC from my current car... a 90 Civic Si Hatch... heh.

· Registered
1,686 Posts
i just got the springs... and i haven't noticed a signifigant loss in ride quality... but then again i haven't ridden in a car with the spring/shock combo

what i recommend:
mudguard
TRD springs
Luminics Bulbs

· Registered
11 Posts
get the trd lowering springs....they're sweet....and dont get the trd exhaust just leave the stock and use the money that you'd pay for that and get the hks hi power exhaust....IMO it looks sooooo tight and sounds great too....im savin up for it lol...the army doesnt pay enough! lol...heres a link if you wanna check it out....search for acual pic of it installed....but honestly bro you should get what fits you......look around do some product searching, look for pics and clips of what it'll look like installed on a tc so you get exactly what you want so you dont regret any decisions

heres a link for that hks exhaust i was talkin about....i've heard good things from peeps who've gottin' it
http://store.yahoo.com/supra/hkshipoexsct.html

· Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks for the input, guys...

i think i'm gonna go with the lowering springs to start... might 'spring' for the shocks (odd pun) later if i want them...

so i live in michigan... and i want an IIP 5-speed... there is one in the entire state, haha. i've got it on hold, though... IIP is so unpopular it seems.. i love it though. ah well.

i'm also getting the shift knob/steering wheel for aesthetics... the pedals too... those are things you touch the entire time... might as well be quality.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.