Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· BOOST its what I do!
6,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The whole rear strut tower bar is stupid dont waste your money. There already is a supporting piece of the frame that goes from side to side right on top of the rear strut towers. If you have lowered your car your self you know what i am talking about. Also how hard and anoying it was to get that one bolt on the other side of it off and on. Well anyways if you were thinking of this dont get it waste of money.

· Former '05er
12,590 Posts
Not only that, but we don't have struts in the rear, so installing a bar won't do anything significant to maintain wheel geometry as it will in the front. It might help stiffen the chassis a tiny bit, but nothing worth the extra weight.

· Registered
733 Posts
I ticked off a couple of manf with a comment about rear "STB" on another forum:)

We are caging our car, 4130, welded in, filled the entire chassis with structural eurathane foam, moved the battery to the rear, etc, etc, many more mods to come and we are not adding a rear STD, would it worth it but not needed.

Rick

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.