Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I already put in a new head unit and a 12" MBQuart sub with kenwood amp but the wires just dont fit right. I figured how to take everything else apart and read the threads on how to remove all the panels but Im didnt see anything about the rear seat cushion removal. I might be a idiot but I cant seem to get it apart. I am anal about my installs and I can see about an inch of the wire between the rear panel and the seat.

·
Registered
42 Posts
There are two metal "clips" on the lower front of the seat (at the carpet line) that protrude straight down and press into a oval nylon grommet in the floor. Each clip is about 8" in from the side panel(s). If you slip your fingers between the bottom-front of the seat and the carpet and give the seat a quick yank straight up, it will pull the clip out of the grommet. After the front of the seat is up, pull it up and forward to release the rear retaining ears. It's very easy to do and you'll quickly see how it works.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks I was pulling but it didnt want to come up. Usually Im not afraid of stuff like that but I didnt want to bend the internal parts of the seat and have it miss shapen forever.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.