Scion tC Forums banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The price on the Scion website seems pretty high, especially after seeing it advertised a few other places for 1/3 cheaper. I have to think that this is a pretty simple self-install, and I was wondering if anyone else has some input.

Thanks in advance!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
936 Posts
Originally posted by Wolo@Jul 23 2004, 07:23 PM
The price on the Scion website seems pretty high, especially after seeing it advertised a few other places for 1/3 cheaper. I have to think that this is a pretty simple self-install, and I was wondering if anyone else has some input.

Thanks in advance!
hope you like to drill
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It goes without saying that there's some drilling involved.

But really: how hard could it be? Measure twice, (pray and) drill once.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
936 Posts
Originally posted by Wolo@Jul 23 2004, 07:31 PM
It goes without saying that there's some drilling involved.

But really: how hard could it be? Measure twice, (pray and) drill once.
it all depends on your level of mechanical prowess. If youre good, youre good........and if you suck, you should NOT be weilding a drill around your brand new 17k dollar car
Best of luck!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by TCrazy@Jul 24 2004, 06:36 PM
...and if you suck, you should NOT be weilding a drill around your brand new 17k dollar car
  Best of luck!
That's the truth!


I haven't purchased a tC yet, but its something that's going to happen soon. I'm just trying to plan ahead and see how far I can stretch my dollar.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
16,504 Posts
Originally posted by Wolo@Jul 25 2004, 09:42 AM
Thanks for the info, man!
Anytime. if you do a self install you should document it with pics and post them for us to see.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,586 Posts
I had a TRD lip spoiler on my 1999 Corolla, and all that was involved in installation was removing the backing from the 3M foam adhesive (i.e., double-sided tape) and pressing the lip spoiler onto the trunk...Unless someone else has already installed a spoiler onto the Scion tC and can state otherwise? I'd be very interested to know, regardless, as I'm thinking about buying the spoiler separately myself.

Where have you seen the tC spoiler listed for less? I haven't found a tC spoiler anywhere.

Thanks!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've looked over the installation docs, and theres definitely drilling involved.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,586 Posts
Originally posted by Wolo@Jul 26 2004, 10:33 AM
I've looked over the installation docs, and theres definitely drilling involved.
Argh.
Any chance you have a postable version of those instructions or could tell me where to find some? Thanks!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Plissken posted a PDF manual link a few posts above.


Just download and unzip them. Lots of info in there.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,586 Posts
I just broke down and paid the ridiculous $385 to get the spoiler from the dealer. Ah well.

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
181 Posts
Originally posted by basilisk4@Aug 4 2004, 12:38 PM
I just broke down and paid the ridiculous $385 to get the spoiler from the dealer. Ah well.

don't worry.. i did too



and it finally gets put on tomorrow, along w/ the exhaust

hmm.. i wonder if they'll let me drive an xB for my loaner
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
Had spoiler installed yesterday.
Upon picking it up, the foam tape was uneven & practically sticking out on one side.
It also looked like crap, with a gap between the hatch & the spoiler.


Refused it & they are supposed to be repairing it today. It looked like someone from wal-mart had installed it. at night. with no lights. It was crappy


VERY DISAPPOINTED with the service department.
Will update after tonights pick up. Fingers are crossed....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
181 Posts
Originally posted by Scionara@Aug 4 2004, 03:48 PM
Had spoiler installed yesterday.
Upon picking it up, the foam tape was uneven & practically sticking out on one side.
It also looked like crap, with a gap between the hatch & the spoiler.


Refused it & they are supposed to be repairing it today. It looked like someone from wal-mart had installed it. at night. with no lights. It was crappy


VERY DISAPPOINTED with the service department.
Will update after tonights pick up. Fingers are crossed....
yikes your experience is scaring me..

hopefully the spoiler "expert" at my dealership does a great job.. i'll be sure to
inspect it very meticulously after hearing about what happened to you

good luck with your spoiler.. hope to see pics tonite (so it'll mean they got their
$hit str8!!!!)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,586 Posts
Originally posted by Scionara@Aug 4 2004, 11:48 AM
Had spoiler installed yesterday.
Upon picking it up, the foam tape was uneven & practically sticking out on one side.
It also looked like crap, with a gap between the hatch & the spoiler.


Refused it & they are supposed to be repairing it today. It looked like someone from wal-mart had installed it. at night. with no lights. It was crappy


VERY DISAPPOINTED with the service department.
Will update after tonights pick up. Fingers are crossed....
Here's hoping my local dealership's service department is better than yours...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
Well, the service department originally tried to tell me 'that's the way it is'.


After discussing it and indicating my dissatisfaction,
they've ordered a new spoiler and will be trying again when it arrives in a week or so.

Thanks for the well wishes & i'll keep ya updated!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
793 Posts
If they keep feeding that BS about that's the way it is...just let me know and I'll send you some up-close and personal pics of mine that you can show 'em.
 
1 - 20 of 52 Posts
Top