Scion tC Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thinking that the rear disc brake and calipers are a bit small... yes yes I know the tC's an FF but comeon now, A Brembo would almost double the size but I don't know if I wanna fork out 3000 for a full set.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I would personally go with AEM. ALOT cheaper.

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
i read the article in motor trend, and if someone hadnt swiped it off my desk i would refer to it now. it had the 70-0 braking results in it, and i remember the writer saying it stopped at or above the rest of cars in its class. so, i would imagine for a stock vehicle, all a big brake kit would really do for you is look super sick.

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
yeah, let me send them to eric to post cause i am too computer stupid (or my hosting site is being lame). soon as i get home from the office - well, actually, more like monday morning after i wash and wax.if anyone can do it sooner, knock yourself out.

·
Registered
86 Posts
All you need really is some Brembo Blanks + Hawk HP Pads + better Fluid. Big Break kit if you are a hardcore road racer or a showoff.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I test drove the tC last night before I ordered mine and I have to say that the 70-0 was freaking fast! I mean, my parents were riding in the back seat and they were even suprised at how fast it decellerated. But anyways, scratch the whole bigger is better thing, I think I'll stick with stock for a long while.

·
Registered
793 Posts
A tad off topic but....What did your parents think about the back seat? (Roomy enough? Comfy seats? Head room? The moonroof view?)

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The rear seats of the tc are really spacious in leg room. I mean you can stretch you legs back there... how many coupes can you do that in?

My mom (sat behind passenger) complained of head room (she likes to complain about everything) but yet there was still about 9-11 inches of space from the tip of her head to the rear window (My mom is 5'0") My father said he liked how much room there was in the back (sitting behind driver). The center seat however was a bit uncomfortable but it made up for it with the 3 point seat belt. Overall, my parents were impressed with the comforatbility of the ride back there.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts