Scion tC Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
793 Posts
I have...mainly just to help clear off morning dew when I'm too rushed to use a squeegee.

To me it seems to work pretty well to help clear the light "fog" from the dew, but not sure about how it'll work for interior fogging or external ice.

(Speaking of which, I sorta wish we had a wiper for the hatch, that would help a WHOLE lot!....consider this an add to my "Things you'd change about the tC" list....)

·
Registered
282 Posts
i get dew on my car every morning before leaving for work so i use the defroster and works out very well! although i kinda wish there was a wiper back there so i can wipe then go instead of waiting for it to do its job or i just back out slowly looking out the side windows.

I give a thumbs-up on the rear defroster!

·
Registered
282 Posts
Originally posted by LoopyLady_1@Aug 11 2004, 08:11 AM
(Speaking of which, I sorta wish we had a wiper for the hatch, that would help a WHOLE lot!....consider this an add to my "Things you'd change about the tC" list....)
i totally agree considering my last few hatchbacks all have wipers which helped alot in the mornings and in the winter.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Yeah, I wonder if it was a cost-reason as to why Scion didn't put it on the tC, or maybe they just thought it looked "cleaner" without it and maybe people wouldn't miss it?

I doubt it was something they just overlooked...they are too many nice little bonuses on the car for me to even consider it was an oversight...

·
Registered
282 Posts
think it might be more of an oversight? bc most hatchbacks do have wipers on their rear windows and i guess scion got caught up in all the extra stuff and didnt think about rear window wipers. maybe we'll see it on the next year's model.
i mean its common sense to have wipers on these windows than sedans and other types of cars bc tC's windows are more angled down than sedans which windows are more angled upwards thus making things (snow or rain) slide down more easily.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i wished they had a wiper also!! i know that scion was saying that they went for a "coupe look" but that it was actually a hatchback.. i guess a wiper would give that away? but i wouldn't care.. i'd still like a wiper back there, that would be nice

·
Registered
793 Posts
Ahhhh...I forgot they were passing it off as a "coupe"....I bet you're right on that one.

If that's the reason, I doubt they'll add it to next year's model. No matter the reason though...if they do add it on, is that something they could make an option so people with the first year model could "upgrade?"

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Hmm... I guess the rear wiper would be good if I lived in a place that rained or snowed a lot. I think the rear defrosters does a pretty good job with getting rid of the morning dew... I love how our cars have a front defroster too...

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks to all who replied.. was curious on how fast it worked.. seems that it works great..
yeah i don't have my tC yet.. and hey had to ask

but adding a wiper? that would be a major surgery job.. the wiring, the relays, the structural reinforcements.. But I bet in a year we'll see someone who did it..

·
Registered
45 Posts
I had to use it today when it started to downpour out of nowhere. I hit the button for the back defrost and then the front. My old car used to take forever to defrost in the back, so i was shocked when i looked in the mirror and it was clear, same as the front. It works grrrr-eat! I'd guess about a minute or so to clear up

1 - 14 of 14 Posts