Scion tC Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2007 Scion tC's driver side rear caliper has seized up on me. The caliper will move up and down on its axis (it bolts at the bottom and slips off the top hinge) but will not slide off so I can remove it. I can't understand why it's stuck on there and looking to see if anyone out there has had this problem before as well. Looking for some kind help, thanks!

Drew

·
Registered
2007 Scion TC 2.4L automatic
25 Posts
Seized because of age, rust, unkempt maintenance, wear & tear or it's new & seized/stuck?

Remove the caliper brake bleeder to release pressure. If that doesn't help. You may have to use a flathead screwdriver & push/force it to release the grip on the rotor.

Hope this helps. This scion community & website is dead & not active like other vehicle forums.

I just bought a 2007 scion & don't even bother asking questions anymore.

Again hope my reply helps.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey buddy thanks for taking time to reply.
The whole caliper was rusted and seized on that upper pin it slides off of. Weended up just beating it off until it dragged off.

Stay in touch looks like we both have 07s!

Drew

·
Registered
2007 Scion TC 2.4L automatic
25 Posts
Glad you were able to remove. You should check the rest of the brake calipers, calipers related parts, bolts & slide pins for rust & seizures. Just a little bit of antiseize. Don't go overboard.

If their bad, install new ones.

Anthony

·
Registered
1 Posts
My 2007 Scion tC's driver side rear caliper has seized up on me. The caliper will move up and down on its axis (it bolts at the bottom and slips off the top hinge) but will not slide off so I can remove it. I can't understand why it's stuck on there and looking to see if anyone out there has had this problem before as well. Looking for some kind help, thanks!

Drew

Drew

Same thing happened to my 2007 tc. Had a mechanic friend swap it out for a new one in his driveway. I bought a pair of calipers thinking it was best to replace in a pair, but his motto was of it not broke, don't fix. Good to go now.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Glad you were able to remove. You should check the rest of the brake calipers, calipers related parts, bolts & slide pins for rust & seizures. Just a little bit of antiseize. Don't go overboard. View attachment 7106

If their bad, install new ones.

Anthony
Yep thanks man. I'll check it out. Braking systems always seems to need the most reoccurring work as time goes on. Thanks again!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts