Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2006 tC and i want to add some hp... the TRD supercharger gets the hp i am looking for but it way past my budget line.... the turbocharger ive heard, has broken many things on the tc because of the torque it puts on the axles

Is their a way to reach 200 hp without using a supercharger or a turbo for a fraction of the superchargers cost? Let me know and list some good hp gaining items.

Thanks

·
Registered
51 Posts
um, look what i added..

·
Registered
202 Posts
Reaching 200whp without the aid of laughing gas or forced induction is going to be even more expensive then just getting the blower and it's going to be FAR more time intensive.

Completely reworked head including valves, porting, aggressive cams, and gears. A buddy of mine got a top of the line NRGY Head and it ran him over 1500 dollars.

Built bottom end with much much higher compression ratio so that adds pistons and rods which also aren't cheap.

You may have to reinforce the rotating assembly.

Lastly some time of ECU piggy back with the ability to modify fuel trims.

Other random goodies like I/H/E.

Now comes the endless hours of dyno time to dial in timing and the cam gears.

Good luck, you're going to need it. Waste of time if you ask me. Boost > fool's errand.

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Alright.... well i was just wonderin if it could be done, so what u guys are saying is i cant and id havta either buy the s/c thats 3200 or go with a turbo that could break my car lol
o well maybe ill just havta buy the s/c cuz i dont want to loose my warranty

Thanks guys

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Navy doc, how does that greddy evo 2 exhaust sound and did u get a hp gain from it?

I've been lookin at it but i havent hear a flash media of it and not many ppl have it... let me know

·
Registered
202 Posts
Originally posted by buderic@Nov 20 2005, 07:33 AM
Alright.... well i was just wonderin if it could be done, so what u guys are saying is i cant and id havta either buy the s/c thats 3200 or go with a turbo that could break my car lol
o well maybe ill just havta buy the s/c cuz i dont want to loose my warranty

Thanks guys
I'm not saying it can't be done...hell, anything can be done with enough time and money. What I'm saying is that it is not worth the effort.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Originally posted by buderic@Nov 19 2005, 09:29 PM
I have a 2006 tC and i want to add some hp... the TRD supercharger gets the hp i am looking for but it way past my budget line.... the turbocharger ive heard, has broken many things on the tc because of the torque it puts on the axles

Is their a way to reach 200 hp without using a supercharger or a turbo for a fraction of the superchargers cost? Let me know and list some good hp gaining items.

Thanks
The only tC that broke an axle was putting down 400+ HP..........

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Originally posted by phungy@Nov 20 2005, 12:14 AM
With even I/H/E you may get 15 hp max if you're lucky. Correct me if I'm wrong...
Check scionlife....

There is a company that has been doing dyno comparisons of a TON of products out there. They showed 20hp gains at the wheels with Alphawerks Header and Injen Intake. That's the best combination they've found so far.

·
Registered
51 Posts
agreed, it is very hard to reach 200 hp, look at what i have done, and i know for a fact i have less than 200 hp. although i have less than 200 hp, i can imagine im not too far away. yea its going to need some sort of turbo or supercharger to get above, but that is on the to do list. no, sorry guys i dont have any dyno charts. im a cheap bastard right now cuz of x-mas. 100 bucks an hour is alot.. not to mention its hard to split it with people if nobody wants to dyno their car around me.

as for the greddy evo 2 exhaust, yes i have some vid. clips of what it sounds like. only thing is, it is with the headers and eevrything else installed. the headers made the exhaust sound alot louder. keep in mind that i have a resonator on..

http://www.zippyvideos.com/945263936229379..._144/*nc28542tc

http://www.zippyvideos.com/815231293229369..._143/*nc28542tc

·
Registered
202 Posts
Originally posted by Zygote55+Nov 20 2005, 08:28 AM-->QUOTE (Zygote55 @ Nov 20 2005, 08:28 AM)
<!--QuoteBegin-buderic
@Nov 19 2005, 09:29 PM

Thanks
The only tC that broke an axle was putting down 400+ HP.......... [/b]
Acceleration and a good sized pot hole can break an axle. It doesn't take horsepower.

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
Originally posted by Zygote55+Nov 20 2005, 08:29 AM-->QUOTE (Zygote55 @ Nov 20 2005, 08:29 AM)
<!--QuoteBegin-phungy
@Nov 20 2005, 12:14 AM
With even I/H/E you may get 15 hp max if you're lucky. Correct me if I'm wrong...
Check scionlife....

There is a company that has been doing dyno comparisons of a TON of products out there. They showed 20hp gains at the wheels with Alphawerks Header and Injen Intake. That's the best combination they've found so far. [/b]
Ah boo to SL

Interesting, I'll keep that in mind once I decide to go with performance, thanks!

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks ill check into that.... thanks a lot guys and if ne1 else has ideas just keep postin um

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Electronics don't make hp. Airflow, compression, and cams make hp. There is no electronic device that will magically make more power than the stock configuration without modifying some piece of the intake and/or exhaust.

BTW, 200hp from 2.4 liters is easy. 200hp from the 2AZ without forced induction is not at all easy.

·
Registered
508 Posts
import tuner has done 2 different sessions with 2 different cars taking aftermarket parts and putting them on the dyno. with the aem intake, and dc sport header and exhaust it put down an extra 15hp and 15lbs. of torque. then they did one with the injen intake set as a short ram, alphawerks header, and the greddy evo2 exhaust, it put down an extra 15hp and 8lbs. of torque. now those numbers arent exact but i just looked at them both the other night so i do know that much. if you want to look at the one with the greddy, injen and alphawerks parts just buy the new import tuner thats on shelfs now. hope this helps a little. as for the way the greddy exhaust sounds i have it on mine and i love the sound of it. nice and deep. not a bit of rice sound in it.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.