Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you all think about rca noise filters? Do they really do anything? I mean supposedly they help clear up some static and eliminate DC current in the RCA cable path, but does it make enough differents to make them worth the cost? Even though they are fairly cheap ($10-$30)!

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
I just had some installation work done, and when they were done reconnecting everything, my XM Commander produced engine noise. Now, I am not at all certain that they didn't screw this up, and even wouldn't be surprised if they did so on purpose to make a quick buck, but after they supposedly added a "noise filter," the sound was clean, crisp, and noise-free.

·
Registered
252 Posts
If you have DC current flowing through your signal cables, you got bigger problems than any filter can fix.
Noise problems are installation related 90% of the time. Failure to take due diligence when making connections and routing wires is usually the culprit. A filter does not know the difference between noise and signal and will affect each the same.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.