Scion tC Forums banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
0mi - Everything is perfect.

850mi - Dash rattles.

1,000mi - Dash still rattles, but hasnt' gotten worse. Sunroof starts to pop going over speed bumps and inclines (I honestly don't see what the big deal is about this).

1,200mi - Dash still rattles, but hasn't gotten worse. Sunroof still pops, but hasn't gotten worse. Hatch is beginning to rattle constantly.

If the hatch and dash don't get any worse I won't worry about it. I can't hear either one over the radio and driving noise. If I turn the radio off I can hear the hatch. If things get worse something is going to have to be done. The sunroof pop doesn't bother me one bit and I can't figure out why so many people are freaking out about it. Constant rattles are a much bigger deal than a little pop when you go over a speed bump. The dash rattle is strange. It seems to be coming from inside the driver's side air vent...it doesn't rattle on the passenger's side. I haven't narrowed down teh hatch rattle yet, but I think it's something to do with the latch.

Anyway...comments?

·
Registered
936 Posts
i honestly cant even tell you, but I will say this. Everyone, be prepared for your tC to turn into the biggest rattle-bucket youve ever heard! My rattling is so loud (approching 4k miles) that I have to have my radio on volume 35+ just to drown it out. Im so saddend by the rattling, i bought this car to have the build quality..........and its just not happening ....... sigh:( -T

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah...this is pretty bad. Makes me wish I had waited a year.

My 15YO BMW with 180k miles didn't rattle AT ALL...and it was a convertable.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Zygote.....i also have the rattling in the dash. Check to see if its the hood-release latch, as thats where mine rattles. The hatch rattles so bad , i cant pinpoint it............it drives me INSANEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! argh -t

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mine really sounds like it's coming from INSIDE the dash, and I can hear it through the driver's side air vent. It seems ot only rattle in the mornings when the car is cool though. I've never heard it in the afternoon after the car has warmed up in the sun.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I hope I'm not stating the obvious, but you guys need to bug the dealer untill the rattles are fixed, and take it up with Scion if they give you a hard time.

Those of us less fortunate than you (still waiting) are counting on you hold Toyota to its standards!

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Like I said, if it doesn't get any worse I'm not concerned about it. If it get's worse by the time I need to do my first oil change; I'll let them know.

·
Registered
5,651 Posts
tCrazy...has the dealer said anything about solving the rattling problem?

I'm a bit worried now. My car's only got a bit over 300 miles on it, and its rock solid (not counting the occasional sunroof pop). I'd hate to experience what you're going through.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Pete, you are defintley right. My case with Scion Corporate has been a long journey. The corporate office contacts me every week, and they are very nice but I had them close my complaint-ticket.....heres the reason. The dealer, in my opinion, can not be trusted to fix the rattles.

I am an extremely busy person (as are all of you, im sure) and I just cant afford to leave my car with some dealership full of people to get some rattles fixed for a few days. Between the test-drives....crawling in and out of the vehicle, the tools....and the fact that the techs are in a huge rush to get things done, i just dont honestly beleive my car will come out in better condition than when it went in.

I am extremely weary and untrusting of dealers, i had them try to find the rattle once and they couldnt. I then called Scion Corporate, and within 2 hours the dealership called me back, wanting me to bring the car back for a 2nd test drive. I doubt the dealer is very happy about having gotten a call from Scion Corporate, and they WILL take revenge out on your car............trust me.

I advise all of you to use your gut feeling concerning your dealer, dont leave your car with people who will beat on it, you deserve better! -t

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Originally posted by Wolo@Aug 22 2004, 07:07 PM
tCrazy...has the dealer said anything about solving the rattling problem?

I'm a bit worried now. My car's only got a bit over 300 miles on it, and its rock solid (not counting the occasional sunroof pop). I'd hate to experience what you're going through.
You WILL experience it. Give it 500 more miles before it starts though.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Originally posted by TCrazy@Aug 22 2004, 07:15 PM
im thinking about dynamatting the entire trunk ....... hmmm
I don't think that'll help. I think the rattling is coming from the latch.

·
Registered
936 Posts
maybe that will be my task for tommorow, ill spend my day off looking for the rattle! if i find it, it will be the best day-off waste of time ever......:) -t

·
Registered
5,651 Posts
Thanks!

I need to redo it a bit. I think I want the logo a bit more three-dimensional. Maybe I'll fix it tomorrow...

·
Registered
77 Posts
yeah it is disturbing to know that much rattle NVH (noise vibration hum) is coming out of the tC. Hopefully somebody will find a fix. If my tC starts to rattle im gonna have to look to fix it myself as i dont trust the dealership

·
Registered
8 Posts
Those of you experiencing rattles (esp. TCrazy) - if you had to do it again, would you still get your tC?

Almost sounds like more trouble than it's worth.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
No noise from mine, other than sunroof popping. 600 miles.

1 - 20 of 80 Posts