Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, got a question for all you tC owners... I have a '05 tC, and I was rearended about a month ago when I brake checked a guy... Anyways, although he rearended me, for some reason he does not have to pay for the damages... Anyways, the tC took it like a champ and just has dents in a few places on the hatch, and a scratched bumper (the truck that hit me had to be towed...)... Anyways, I think this was going on before the incident, but whenever I got over small bumps that are big enough to effect the ride, it doesnt sound good back towards the hatch/rear wndow area... I dont know if it would be anything from the wreck that I possibly couldnt see, or what, but how does your tC sound when u hit substantial bumps? Thanks

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Holler at your dealer about a wrecked car? Why does that sound strange to me?

·
Registered
847 Posts
but hes not sure if it was occurring before or after the accident... he might have actually brake checked the guy, and the guy might have been tailgating... hes the only one who truly knows what happened, everything we say is just speculation...

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
It won't matter. If the car is damaged, the dealer will insist the damage is repaired before anything goes further. Those repairs may also solve the noise issue. The dealer will not waste time on troubleshooting a noise issue if the car is damaged in any way. I wouldn't either. You have no idea what may be broken underneath the bumper cover.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I was talking a few days ago with a mechanic at the scion place where I usually take my car. This topic actually came up. He was saying some of the early model '05 tC's had some shoddy welding done on the back hatch area ( or so the guy says). Take it to your dealer and have them check it out..they make fix the rear hatch noise for free if it turns out to be that issue!

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Originally posted by A_TC_U_C@Nov 19 2005, 01:21 AM
He was saying some of the early model '05 tC's had some shoddy welding done on the back hatch area ( or so the guy says). Take it to your dealer and have them check it out..they make fix the rear hatch noise for free if it turns out to be that issue!
Did he read about it on this site? If I recall correctly, we were the first to announce this.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Anyways, yes I did brake check him just a little different than some people do it... When I brake check someone, I go full lock of the brakes, although they are ABS so they only lock for a split second... Anyways, I would have all the stuff fixed but theres one problem and it begins and ends with the letters: M, O, N, E, and Y... I have none... But knowing my dealer, which is known to have done some shoddy work on my bro's Mazda RX-8 (they are a Mazda dealer too), supposedly (according to another dealer my bro took his car to later on) said that the dealer never did the work they said because it was warranty work... It makes no sense to me because regardless if its warranty work or not, the dealership still gets the money from Mazda... Anyways, I will have them look at it and everything, but thanks guys... By the way, I topped my car out today (128 MPH cause the fricken governor...)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey buddy.
I just got my dc last week.
Did about 500 miles and know what ...
..today I drove to dealer and told them to check rattling on the rear right side of hatch.
I will post they opinion and what the did (if anything) when I will pick it up ...

[email protected]#it is pissing me off.
BTW passenger side window wont open from driver side ,but I have them looking it up 2..

·
Registered
832 Posts
Originally posted by jickybob@Nov 19 2005, 04:24 PM
Anyways, yes I did brake check him just a little different than some people do it... When I brake check someone, I go full lock of the brakes, although they are ABS so they only lock for a split second... Anyways, I would have all the stuff fixed but theres one problem and it begins and ends with the letters: M, O, N, E, and Y... I have none... But knowing my dealer, which is known to have done some shoddy work on my bro's Mazda RX-8 (they are a Mazda dealer too), supposedly (according to another dealer my bro took his car to later on) said that the dealer never did the work they said because it was warranty work... It makes no sense to me because regardless if its warranty work or not, the dealership still gets the money from Mazda... Anyways, I will have them look at it and everything, but thanks guys... By the way, I topped my car out today (128 MPH cause the fricken governor...)
Okay, so I'm a bit late on this one...
You had it coming. Don't do that anymore.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Originally posted by jickybob@Nov 10 2005, 04:44 PM
Hey, got a question for all you tC owners... I have a '05 tC, and I was rearended about a month ago when I brake checked a guy... Anyways, although he rearended me, for some reason he does not have to pay for the damages... Anyways, the tC took it like a champ and just has dents in a few places on the hatch, and a scratched bumper (the truck that hit me had to be towed...)... Anyways, I think this was going on before the incident, but whenever I got over small bumps that are big enough to effect the ride, it doesnt sound good back towards the hatch/rear wndow area... I dont know if it would be anything from the wreck that I possibly couldnt see, or what, but how does your tC sound when u hit substantial bumps? Thanks
When my tC SEES a bump the hatch starts rattling like crazy.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I know I had it coming but the guy didn't use his turn signal... I will be 100% honest with you all and tell u I had a Traumatic Brain Injury back on mothers day (5/9) in 2004, and the impulsiveness makes my road rage just go to the max... I am telling u, if there were 2 of me on the road and we came upon each other, one of us would kill the other one... Anyways, now I have to bow down to defeat cause my bro just leased a 2006 Mitsubishi Evolution today... I haven't seen it yet, but I don't see myself winning if we were to race (Unless if I pulled a spark plug or 2, hmm, not a bad idea) *Actually I would never do that cause I love my bro, but it would be rather funny if I did and he lost to a Scion tC when he is in the Mitsubishi Evolution... Anyways, one of u said something about resetting my window switches... What does that mean? And also, how do I do it? Thanks though, and keep on keepin on people...

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Here you go. And congrats on the Evo! Hope your brother likes it.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.