Scion tC Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I personally have not experince any rattling or popping in my tC which is now around 890 miles. If i do have some rattling or any other noise, i may not notice it right away considering that i am hard of hearing in both ears. My bf will point them out if it does happen as he has in the past (sometimes i wish he hadn't bc i would hear it from then on!!
)

Back on the topic of rattling source. This is in response to all your rattling talk on the other thread, I may have found a possible source to the hatch rattling due to a peice around the seatbelt retractor in the backseat. It was discovered while vacumming out the backseat, i saw a piece hanging down from above around the top part of the seatbelt. Not the peice that wraps around the seatbelt retractor but the long plastic peice above it leading down the side of the window hatch. it had come loose.

Anyone has this popped out before?? i just snapped it back in and tried to tug on it to see if it would pop back out and it didnt. I DO NOT KNOW IF THIS IS THE SOURCE OF THE RATTLING, as i said it might be a possible source? Or unless you guys are talking about the actual hatch door bouncing kind of rattling?? or is it coming from the trunk?

just thought i would share this to see for yourself if this is a possible source?

Liz

edit- on a second thought, this peice is pretty light so i dont know if it would rattle loud enough for you guys. I've had air vents on the dash that rattles on another car, it was a lightweight peice but it was loud and super annoying!! ended up taping it with electric tape to hold it down. I hope i dont have to do this or super-glue my tC together anytime in the near future!!

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oh i know about the sunroof rattles that everyone else was talking about.

what i was referring to was the rattling from the hatch area that they were talking about in the other thread.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
The rattling I heard was coming from the hatch door itself.

Strange thing though is that today there wasn't any rattling back there.... It was about 15F cooler today than yesterday. I haven't opened the hatch at all since three or four days ago, so it's not like it wasn't shut all the way or something.

·
Registered
25 Posts
i have determined the rattling in my tc (800 mi) when its not the infamous moon roof pop, is the panels in right top and and around the back seat moon window beam. when i push on them, they make same noise i hear (more and more frequently) while driving.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts