Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone who owns a TC have problems with rattles? I bought my TC back in June and have had nothing but problems with rattles in the dash (the trim near the stereo), in the driver side vent, in the sunroof area, and in the hatch area. The dealer has had the car probably 10 times to take care of the problems but nothing fixed has lasted. The hatch sounds like something is broken. Of course the dealer says there's nothing they can do.
Has anyone else had rattle problems? If so have you had any luck fixing the problem?

· Registered
1,412 Posts
yes

· Registered
4,643 Posts
Try another dealer.

I bought mine in July (0005650). Had a little bit of hatch rattle (fixed with a piece of a paper towel), sunroof rattles on uneven pavement (nothing too bad), and I have a very elusive rattle in my driver side door when it's about 20F outside - does not happen when it's warmer. I took apart the dash maybe 15 times (for every reason except rattles, took the rear interior out twice, but still have no rattles besides the two I mentioned.

· Registered
1,554 Posts
So far I've been very lucky. No rattles at all. Of course mine is 29467. They may have made some changes.

· Registered
6,498 Posts
Bought my tC on 08/03/04. Minor rattles in the hatch, infrequent popping noises from the sunroof (after having the TSB performed). I also have a rattle in the console area, but I already know that it's from where I lost one of the bolts that holds the radio in place. Other than that, no noises whatsoever -- and what little noise I do have is covered by my music.

· Registered
11,890 Posts
None whatsoever here.

· Former '05er
12,590 Posts
Same completely random popping sound from roof (haven't heard it in a while, but it sounds like a softball hitting the roof). Nothing else unusual. The car is a bit loud compared to more luxury oriented rides. Dead quiet compared to a Supra with Tein HAs.

· Premium Member
16,847 Posts
I've got rattles in the hatch and HAD them in the moonroof but the TSB took them all away. They were very minor to begin with.

· Registered
6,498 Posts
Originally posted by Zygote55@Feb 14 2005, 07:29 PM
Those of you with less than 3k miles on your cars...just wait
People kept saying that, but I'm at almost 8,000 now, and still no real problems...

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The head of the dealer's service dept is going to take a ride with me to hear the problems. The hatch has to have something broken in it. The sunroof has been fixed "temporarily" twice now by having them put felt on several parts of the sunroof. The piece near the stereo (surrounds the entire center part of the dash) also received felt but it didn't do the trick.
The dealer told me that they may get Toyota involved to find remedies.
I'll let you know what I find out!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.