Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Tc is only 2 weeks old and I have a rattle in the right rear of my baby.. I took it to the dealership and they have me coming back agin because they don't know what it is..

Is anyone else having this problem..?

HELP..!!!

·
Registered
11,881 Posts
Some people have had this problem, others haven't. Do a search and you'll find some info on it.

·
Registered
5,651 Posts
Wait...there are RATTLES?? In the HATCH?!?

Just kidding. Its unfortunately a well-documented issue that a number of people have had since the tCs started rolling off the trucks.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Its funny how nice everyone is when there is "girlygirl" in the username

When you take it back and find out what it is, please post. Mine rattles on the right rear side of the hatch as well. I was going to wait until my oil change to take it in since my dealership isn't too convenient to get to. Plus I need my stock Sirius Satellite checked.

·
Registered
191 Posts
i thought these were problems of the 05s.. i thought i had a rattle too, but i thin kit's just the crap i've put in the back.. maybe i'll look into it a bit more now...

·
Registered
5,651 Posts
Originally posted by aBtC@Jan 6 2006, 02:46 PM
Its funny how nice everyone is when there is "girlygirl" in the username
I've been away for a while. Didn't want to come in with my first post being "USE THE F*CKING SEARCH FUNCTION NEWB!!"

That wouldn't have been any fun.

·
Registered
50 Posts
There is a TSB on rear hatch piston for a rattle. I heard it only makes it a little less quiet, Also where the hatch bump stops meet the body you can tighten it up the gap where the hatch felxes by unbolting the stops and putting a washer in between the stop and hatch. (NOT A FACTORY TSB) I've never attemped that fix personaly but I heard it has work.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Originally posted by LIscionTC@Jan 6 2006, 03:20 PM
There is a TSB on rear hatch piston for a rattle. I heard it only makes it a little less quiet, Also where the hatch bump stops meet the body you can tighten it up the gap where the hatch felxes by unbolting the stops and putting a washer in between the stop and hatch. (NOT A FACTORY TSB) I've never attemped that fix personaly but I heard it has work.
Hmmm, sounds interesting.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
I kinda noticed my exhaust was vibrating somewhat today. I was standing outside the car with it running. I can't hear any rattling inside though... and my car is fairly new as well. It's probably just some junk in the spare tire compartment. The tC is a hatchback though... they're prone to rattle no matter what you do. My mom used to drive a late 80's/early 90's style Blazer, and you talk about a squeaky, rattling, noisy hatch... that thing was insane.

·
Registered
97 Posts
My Matrix is 3 years old and not one rattle. It's also a hatchback and the hatch window opens independent of the hatch as well. Still no rattles.

It really isn't exceptable for there to be a rattle. But as long as the dealer is willing to attempt a fix, I'll be happy.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The Rattle is fixed..

I had my in to the dealer yesterday, they told me that it needed tourqed in the rear. They went over the whole car and made sure nothing else needed work, my "baby girl" was running as quiet as a mouse.. until I pumped up jams..!!

I love my 2006 Nautical Blue Tc..

I am thinking about getting the rear bumper mirrored SCION protector put on.. Anyone have one on, are there any likes or dislikes to this add on..?

Drive on ...!

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Originally posted by user1234@Jan 6 2006, 09:07 PM
I'm surprised the all glass roof doesn't rattle much, I would have expected it to almost disintegrate by now, at least they did a good job on that thing
Why? It's a Toyota, not a Mazda, I mean Ford.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Originally posted by Tcgirlygirl@Jan 8 2006, 09:39 AM
The Rattle is fixed..

I had my in to the dealer yesterday, they told me that it needed tourqed in the rear.  They went over the whole car and made sure nothing else needed work, my "baby girl" was running as quiet as a mouse.. until I pumped up jams..!! 

I love my 2006 Nautical Blue Tc.. 

I am thinking about getting the rear bumper mirrored SCION protector put on.. Anyone have one on, are there any likes or dislikes to this add on..?

Drive on ...!
nice, I like nautical blue but I would make it just a little brighter, something like this

·
Registered
565 Posts
Originally posted by LIscionTC@Jan 6 2006, 03:20 PM
LIScionTC, thanks for tip! MY RATTLE IS FIXED!! Anyone who has the hatch rattle try using some washers under that hatch stops. It tightens the hatch up really nice.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.