Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i know im all over the forum today. sorry everybody but hey, what'r ya gonna do. anyway i saw a tC RS 1.0 yesterday at a random best buy parked in the lot. it had the tyc tails but that was the only special thing on it. no underbody lip kit, no spoilers at all, and worst of all, NO RIMS! it was on sum 17 inch steelies. ALL 4 WHEELS! now i've only seen that car on this site when sumbody said sumthing about a possible rally tC i think. so i wanted to know if anyone knew about this thing hitting the streets. i abhored looking at it. i love tCs but it was so....Blah! why would sumbody buy this? oh and it wasnt lowered either. i thought maybe they were saving their fly rims cuz of winter but that isnt working in my mind too much.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Are you sure it's just not steelies with snow tires?

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i have no idea. it was dark. either way i didnt like it. just cuz its winter does your car have to look completely lame?

·
Registered
868 Posts
Originally posted by AcrimoniousBear@Jan 3 2006, 09:40 AM
i have no idea. it was dark. either way i didnt like it. just cuz its winter does your car have to look completely lame?
Riiiiiiight.

Yes, you're correct. I should have kept my 18" Alloys for the winter. Then I could go for broke and buy 18" snow tires. Wait, they make 18" snow tires? *sigh*. I have steel wheels too. Guess what? I could give a damn how my wheels look during the winter. It's about having the right equipment for the weather. Last I checked, alloy wheels + salt = death.

$$4

Plus, when spring comes, it'll be SOO nice to have my wheels back on that never saw a winter.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts

I don't have tyc tails so I am pretty sure it wasn't me, but I figured I would offend Mr. Bear's delicate sensibilities again with another RS1.0 on steelies. The paint on the RS wheels chips pretty easily so I wanted to save them as best as I could this winter, plus 16" snow tires are way cheaper than 18" snow tires.

So why would somebody do this? Money, or the lack of it. I want autocross wheels and tires so I had to skimp somewhere.

·
Registered
266 Posts
In those states with snow and where they sand the roads.. and you have to drive the tc instead of a gas-hog SUV...why let the sand blast all the paint off the wheels? My stock wheels are back on for the winter...and i will drive the Xb most of the time anyway. And what about a concrete curb hidden by piled up snow...they can tear up a nice rim...even if you cannot see it.

·
Registered
508 Posts
eeee GADS! I'm glad all I have to do is deal with rain!

(adds to mental notes one more reason she moved from the snow)

·
Registered
868 Posts
Yeah well, we don't get EQ's, hurricanes, tornadoes, land/mud slides, or scorching hot weather here either. Although we get our fair share of blizzards, at least they don't kill people (as a rule). Oh sure, idiot drivers kill themselves and others, but that's not an immediate result of the blizzard. Guess what? If you can't handle the weather outside, stay home.. or walk. lol

But don't think for a second I wouldn't trade what I have for warmer weather and the extinction of plow trucks

·
Registered
508 Posts
hey, I'm a California girl...you can take the girl out of California, but you can't take the California out of the girl....

Oh, and we don't get these: hurricanes, tornadoes

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
Wasn't there a tC SE? with no moon roof , steelies and other crap? ( basically it was cheaper)

·
ex-06'er
1,124 Posts
Originally posted by Geneo@Jan 3 2006, 02:52 PM
And what about a concrete curb hidden by piled up snow...they can tear up a nice rim...even if you cannot see it.
I scratched 2 of my stock 17's this way. There was absolutely no way to tell where the curb was because cars were zig-zagged all over the place and all I heard was scrunchhhhhh. Luckily it was only about an inch on each rim.

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
I did this once. And the next time I did it it was almsot 360 degrees around. Backing up = NO HELP! haha..luckily rims are on the way.. though the scratches after being cleaned aren't that noticable. (but they are still in my mind) DOH!

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Originally posted by serith+Jan 3 2006, 01:42 PM-->QUOTE (serith @ Jan 3 2006, 01:42 PM)
<!--QuoteBegin-AcrimoniousBear
@Jan 3 2006, 09:40 AM
Riiiiiiight.

Guess what? I could give a damn how my wheels look during the winter. It's about having the right equipment for the weather. Last I checked, alloy wheels + salt = death.

$$4

Plus, when spring comes, it'll be SOO nice to have my wheels back on that never saw a winter.
[/b]
whoa buddy. geez serith it wasnt meant to offend you. i totally understand what your saying about snow being a issue but thats not it at all. its snowed ONCE here in VA and it wasnt a big snow. we dont get that till much later if at all. all the remaining snows should be a few inches but nothing super serious. ok i take that back we may get a blizzard this year but generally its just rainy. i feel you on right equipment. in this case tho it just isnt necessary. especially since we're having a warm winter right now.

oh and kurker. ur tC looks much better being that its got the CF hood and the regular tails. i dont like the tyc's (except for Ed's). i hate amber. and ur tc kinda looks cute hiding behind that patch of snow. no ****. DO YOU WASH IT IN THE WINTER!? AMAZING! ....lol @ Mr. Bear

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
there was the tuner edition or some sh!t like that they brought out at SEMA. it had steelies, fixed glass roof, maybe something else. but it hasnt been realized as a production car.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.