Scion tC Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When you unlock your doors from the remote, after about a minute goes by and you dont enter.........the car locks itself! come on now, be honest who knew??

·
Registered
197 Posts
I did. I noticed it the day I got it...I was driving with one friend, kevin, then we met my other friend in a parking lot. I locked it, then unlocked it and it randomly locked itself...I thought I hit the key so I tried it again, then I pointed it out to mike and kevin and it did it again. it's not even a minute, it's more like 15-30 seconds. I'm not sure if it's the standard security or upgraded scion security, though. I have the upgraded system, maybe someone without it should try the same?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Honest! I knew!!! I've been reading the manual like CrAzY since I don't have my tC yet...Hey..gives me sumtin 2 do while I'm waiting... (Automatic Lock - If none of the doors are opened within 30 seconds after they are unlocked by the
wireless door lock remote control, all the doors are locked again automatically.)

·
Registered
15,001 Posts
i didnt! (jus kidding, wanted u to feel better) im a team player;)

·
Registered
619 Posts
ok i'll do it....REPOST
but it good to keep it fresh

·
Registered
335 Posts
The only reason I knew about it is because my mom's highlander does it and so I checked to see if my tc would do it.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Originally posted by Zute@Jul 17 2004, 09:20 PM
Honest! I knew!!! I've been reading the manual like CrAzY since I don't have my tC yet...Hey..gives me sumtin 2 do while I'm waiting... (Automatic Lock - If none of the doors are opened within 30 seconds after they are unlocked by the
wireless door lock remote control, all the doors are locked again automatically.)
I had no idea....

But seriously, where'd you get ahold of a manual??? I've got about two more weeks to wait and I'd LOVE to have it to read already.

Did someone post it and I completely missed the link, or do you have to preorder it or something???

·
Registered
181 Posts

·
Registered
793 Posts
THANKS!

*Edit: DOH....I've seen that thread a million times...but I was assuming it was a "repair manual" or something, not just the general manual. You know, like "OK, so your car won't start...here's what you do to troubleshoot it."

BLAH...wish I'd clicked on the link a LOOOONG time ago. Hehe..thanks for pointing it out!

·
Registered
37 Posts
I bet thats goin to cause some problems with people locking themselves out i dunno what does everyone else think or experienced

1 - 12 of 12 Posts