Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering if any of you had any experience with this, I know when my mom put it on her windshield it jacked up her windshield whipers.

But what I was really thinking of doing was covering the panorama moonroof and rear window with it to see if it would help keep that glass cleaner.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
It does what they claim. It jacked up her wipers because they were old, oxidized and should have been replaced long ago. Their instructions tell you to change your wiper blades every 6 months. I never use mine because the RainX keeps the glass clear at any speed over 35 mph. It's the one thing I've done right away to all my cars since 1988.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Now you got me thinking - especially with the idea about rear glass...

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Their anti-fog is pretty good too, but our defrosters work well enough I haven't bothered with it.

·
Premium Member
7,429 Posts
I think I can trust your opinion if you are saying that while living in bellingham WA. You should know something about rain.

you used aquapel i take it? how much does it cost? any special application required?

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Originally posted by rangerk@Feb 12 2005, 09:59 AM
I love the Invisible Glass Cleaner by Stoner. Will it remove rain-X?

Thanks,

K
Well speaking from experience when I used rain-x on my windows its great cause all you have to do is wipe down your windows after washing your car or so forth. When you try and use a glass cleaner such as this it smears really bad and it makes the glass look ugly! I love invisible glass by stoners but can't use it with rain-x.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Originally posted by moriarty@Feb 13 2005, 05:09 PM
I think I can trust your opinion if you are saying that while living in bellingham WA. You should know something about rain.

you used aquapel i take it? how much does it cost? any special application required?
It's best if it's done at the glass shopa s the application is sort of a weird process. I did the back glass on one car of mine and my buddy that worked there did the front. his came out better.
I think the shop charges $40.00 for the treatment. He just charged me the beer I bought him.
He's not working there anymore unfortunately, so no more free Aquapel.

·
Premium Member
7,429 Posts
i just tried the wipes. REALLY, REALLY easy.

I have no problems with the elbows. The place I went to ran out of the old school. So, for Five bucks, I decided to try this stuff out.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Originally posted by Wolo@Feb 12 2005, 05:10 PM
Rain-X rocks.
true story

i put rain x on all my windows and top glass... its the bomb diggity

i wanna get the rain x car wash ...so the water just flys off the tc

1 - 20 of 65 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.