Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I was at walmart with the lady friend and I was looking at purchasing a Mr. Clean Auto Dry when I noticed that Rain-X had one out now. All I can say is WOW. The rain-x thing is cheaper in the long run and it works so much better.

I bought it for 7.54 @ Walmart not including tax but with tax it was like 8 somethin.

Anyhow, if people out there wany a cheaper alternative to Mr. Clean hook yourself up with the rain-x auto dry. Its awesome.

Matt

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It has the wash/wax combo in it with some drying stuff in it too...not filter needed I guess its really quite neat

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
I'm not sure if we're talking about the same thing, but I picked up something like that by Rain-X today with two bottles (Soap/Drying Solution) hooked up to a hose nozzle. Is this what you're talking about? (I'm gonna go try it out now
)

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Just an update: Just got done washing my tC with it. Much simpler than the Mr. Clean directions. Last time I used the Mr. Clean, it was pretty hot outside, and it dried fairly fast, but today I did it close to sunset and the temp was nice (In the 70's), so it took its time, but seemed to be working for the most part until I got bored and wiped it down with a Chamois.

Question: When I was washing my roof, I found what seemed to be old waterspots from soap or something, and they wouldn't come off with Windex. Hopefully they're not bubbles under the tint. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Originally posted by Pharoh@May 9 2005, 06:08 PM
I'm not sure if we're talking about the same thing, but I picked up something like that by Rain-X today with two bottles (Soap/Drying Solution) hooked up to a hose nozzle. Is this what you're talking about? (I'm gonna go try it out now
)
Yeah that is what I use and I love how it makes the car look compared to mr clean solution, I am not sure I trust the mr clean soap and all just yet, but I love the rain-x cleaning stuff it works great!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.