Scion tC Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i had a TRD radiator cap on my 2003 toyota corolla s but i kept it when i traded in that car for my tc. i was wondering if i could use the corolla radiator cap on my tc? the TRD part numbers aren't the same. the corolla's is TRD 00642-16401-003 and the tc's is TRD 00602-16401-001. however, the number on the right of the cap on my stock corolla cap was 0.9 and it is 0.9 on the stock tc cap too. and the number on the right on the TRD cap for the corolla is 1.3 and i looked up the tc's TRD cap and it says 1.3 also. i don't know what those numbers mean but they are the same. would it do damage to my tc if i used this cap? or do i have to buy the one for the tc if i want a TRD cap? or does the TRD cap not make a difference compared to the stock cap?

·
Registered
936 Posts
The caps are just for looks, that being said.......test fit it! You wont hurt anything buy just attempting to screw it on AS LONG AS YOU DONT FORCE-THREAD IT! - t

·
Registered
425 Posts
the caps are not just for looks.

the .9 on the stock one is the pressure that that cap will hold in bar (kg/cm^3). the 1.3 one will hold more pressure and may aid in providing better cooling.

if it isn't a proper fit, you could have overheating issues, but if its a good fit then it can help your cooling system but it won't be very noticable, if at all probably.

nice sig tcrazy

·
Registered
936 Posts
whoops, thought we were talking Oil Caps here........didnt even know there were aftermarket radiator caps availible?!? thanks , JackerCrack made it for me!

·
Registered
792 Posts
Originally posted by JZA70@Aug 25 2004, 12:26 AM
the caps are not just for looks.

the .9 on the stock one is the pressure that that cap will hold in bar (kg/cm^3). the 1.3 one will hold more pressure and may aid in providing better cooling.

if it isn't a proper fit, you could have overheating issues, but if its a good fit then it can help your cooling system but it won't be very noticable, if at all probably.

nice sig tcrazy
good to know.

Nathan
ycart1201

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
this may be a silly question, but how noticeable is the difference between the stock cap and the TRD one? Also, what is the effect/benefit of having this one?

·
Registered
936 Posts
Originally posted by Zygote55@Aug 26 2004, 10:25 PM
I'm not sure I understand your question. The cap is just for looks.
haha you did the same thing I did.......they are talking about the Radiator caps so its not just for looks. Ive never even heard of an aftermarket radiator cap (other than just a pure replacment)......i guess they can find a way to make money no matter how small/insignificant the part! - t

·
Registered
290 Posts
OK OK OK the TRD radiator cap does the same job the stck one does, but it says TRD on it. so switching it out IS just for looks no horsepower gains here (if it was only that easy:) If the pressures on the top of the cap are identical and it goes on without excessive force then you can use it !!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts