Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
Joined
·
5,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, everyone! My Wilwood front brake kit just shipped today from the West coast and I'm not 100% sure they'll fit on my tC, which currently has the stock 17" wheels. In case they don't fit, I went and did some wheel shopping and so far have kind of settled on this. What do you guys think?

My tC's silver streak metallic, and I'm generally seeking something not too ricey. I felt the contours of this wheel blend in smoothly with the way the car is contoured, and I always preferred five- or 10-spoke wheels on a car using five lugs. For the tires, I'm pretty much settled on Pirelli P-Zero Nero M+S.

However, I'm definitely open to suggestion for the wheels and the tires! Please comment.


-Ed
 

· Registered
Joined
·
1,388 Posts
Dig the wheels. Not a fan of the dual lug pattern. I do love five (ten) spokes.

I have heard good things about the Pirelli Neros. DO NOT get the Yokohama AVS dBs. I got those tires stock on my tC. They kinda suck. But since you will most likely have two sets of wheels go ballz out and get some hardcore summer tires and some good snow tires. I am fond of the Yokohama AVS ES100s for the summertime. Make sure you swap them out before the first snow storm. Speaking from experience you won't even be able to pull the car in the driveway to swap the wheels if there is snow on the ground.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
1,170 Posts
I had P zero nero tires for 18,473 miles before they wore out on my tC. great tire but when they begin to slip that's it no more grip. The tires to have now are toyo t1-s or t1-r and bfg Ge-force kdw's. Also I found with the P zero's after about 10,000 miles on them I lost almost all of my aqua tread. I started hydroplaning alot and lost alot of confidence. Don't get me wrong P zero nero's are nice but the ones I listed are much better all around.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
5,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally posted by kurker@Jul 19 2005, 08:48 PM
...But since you will most likely have two sets of wheels go ballz out and get some hardcore summer tires and some good snow tires...
Well, I'd love to do that, but the main reason I'd change wheels is in case my new brakes don't fit what I already have.


In that case, the extra wheels won't really be useful since I would not be able to reinstall them during the winter months without changing back to the stock brakes--far too much hassle.


-Ed
 

· Registered
Joined
·
5,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by Ryan'sTc@Jul 19 2005, 08:53 PM
...The tires to have now are toyo t1-s or t1-r and bfg Ge-force kdw's...
Same problem here; I don't have an extra set of wheels to mount winter tires on, for switching to summer tires. Here in NY, the winter snow makes the suggested tires completely undriveable.


I appreciate the suggestions guys, but I really can't do the summer/rain-only tires.

-Ed
 

· Registered
Joined
·
1,388 Posts
That sucks about not being able to put real performance tires on your car. You won't be able to take advantage of the bigger rotors and I am assuming 6 piston calipers. Sorry for being stupid and not paying attention to the whole caliper clearance thing.

Remember that the P-Zero Nero M+S are only useable in light snow. I am not confident that they could handle a NY style snow storm. My suggestion is to buy cheap steel wheels in 18x7.5 +35mm and run a strictly snow tire. I am sure you are on a budget like me, but that is how I would go about. What ever you decide the wheels will look SWEET!
 

· Registered
Joined
·
5,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by kurker@Jul 20 2005, 09:46 AM
That sucks about not being able to put real performance tires on your car. You won't be able to take advantage of the bigger rotors and I am assuming 6 piston calipers. Sorry for being stupid and not paying attention to the whole caliper clearance thing.

Remember that the P-Zero Nero M+S are only useable in light snow. I am not confident that they could handle a NY style snow storm. My suggestion is to buy cheap steel wheels in 18x7.5 +35mm and run a strictly snow tire. I am sure you are on a budget like me, but that is how I would go about. What ever you decide the wheels will look SWEET!
Hmm...

They make steel wheels that size?

-Ed
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top