Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering what the best way to get a good start is in an auto tC... I'm gonna take it to the track in a few weeks. I've been trying different ways to get it to go without spinning, trying it out on some of the back roads. Flooring it right from the start doesn't work well, the best way i found was to hold the brake rev it up to 2k and let go, but is that really bad for the car or is it ok to do it once in a while like when i take it to the track? Besides spending $ on new tires what's the best way to get a decent start?

·
Registered
868 Posts
Originally posted by BLsurfer@Jul 11 2005, 09:52 PM
Just wondering what the best way to get a good start is in an auto tC... I'm gonna take it to the track in a few weeks. I've been trying different ways to get it to go without spinning, trying it out on some of the back roads. Flooring it right from the start doesn't work well, the best way i found was to hold the brake rev it up to 2k and let go, but is that really bad for the car or is it ok to do it once in a while like when i take it to the track? Besides spending $ on new tires what's the best way to get a decent start?
Why did you get an automatic if you want to race your car?

Racing = Driving
Driving = 5 Speed
5 Speed = Fun

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Hold the brake, step on the gas and rev to about 2k. Just don't do it for more than a few seconds at a time, it seriously overheats your transmission fluid.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
oh ok thanks lance

well i wasn't really planning on racing the tC, but just wanted to see how it performed

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
^^or a turbo, they run really well on automagics, but you may have to increase line pressure to prevent slippage, but that shouldn't be hard

cause thats what I am doing...yeah!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.