Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so im driving down US 50 East towards my school...i was comming from baltimore and its like nighttime...i get over the bridge and am probably an hour from salisbury...when

i pass this nissan altima se-r....first off i want to say that i love that car and if it wasn't in the upper 20's i would have considered getting it...it was a grey charcoal color with black rims and a chrome lip...the thing looked sweet..

so right i pass him going like 75-80 and he starts speeding up..next thing i kno dudes on my ass then so i start hittin the gas...he pulls along side of me and we both just hit it and we are like neck and neck for a little while until a car comes in my lane so i get behind him...dude like turns off his headlights and starts to speed so i follow with some reasonable stopping distance between us and he isn't pulling away from me...so we pass the car and i pull along side of him and pass him and at this point we are going like 120 with no cars in sight...i pull infront of him and hes behind me and im like 2 cars up now...

another car comes in lanes so we both have to slow down again...and then once we pass them we went at it again, going around the same speed...he gets infront of me (i slowed down a lil to wait for him when i was ahead at one point) and hes flying and im close behind him and suddenly he like slows down real fast and makes a u-turn at the next turn...state tropper dead in my sights probably like 4 cars ahead of me...so i slow the #### down and put on cruise control at 57ish so the po wouldn't get mad...

i didn't think the tc could even run with this car....what is the se-r altima pushing as far as performance? and btw this is the newest bodystyle altima not like the old ####ty ones..

i was having a blast, the tc was pulling really hard

· Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yea i was shocked cause the guy wasn't pulling on me...

the only "performance" mod i have on my car is a kn cai... and even that doesn't improve much on the tc...but i took out the little plastic piece that was infront of the intake so it could get more air...at 120mph im sure the tc had no problem breathing.

· Registered
1,629 Posts
maybe he wasnt racing you just driving fast.... that car would probably pull my wrx on the freeway if u guys got up to 120

· Registered
4,643 Posts
I did this kind of thing to a chick in a V6 tiburon once - let her catch up and then just stayed next to her - did not let her get ahead, but did not do a fly-by either - more fun that way

· BOOST its what I do!
6,530 Posts
Yea i raced a Altima SER at the track took his ass of the line and then the next thing i know he is in front that car will def beat a tC with a K&N CAI i know i have one.

· Registered
20 Posts
Originally posted by bluesciontc@Sep 23 2005, 08:22 AM
Yea i raced a Altima SER at the track took his ass of the line and then the next thing i know he is in front that car will def beat a tC with a K&N CAI i know i have one.
ooops mistake don't have awd i (heard from a friend) thought they did but i guess not cuase i just checked their website... my bad next time i should make sure before i post

· Registered
5,132 Posts
Originally posted by ignitionr34+Sep 26 2005, 05:56 PM-->QUOTE (ignitionr34 @ Sep 26 2005, 05:56 PM)
<!--QuoteBegin-bluesciontc
@Sep 23 2005, 08:22 AM
he should of been able to beat ur off the line too (that is if he was a good driver).. altima ser's have AWD [/b]

No they don't.

The only FF-L-based vehicle sold in North America with AWD is the Murano AWD. Maxima, Altima and Quest are only available in 2WD, with traction control being available. Altima 3.5SE-R comes with traction control standard, but the rear wheels are not driven. Even the Murano is normally FWD until wheel slip is detected, at which time an electronic clutch at the rear grabs onto the center axle (which spins permanently) and applies torque to the rear wheels, never more than 50%.

-Ed

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.