Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today after thoroughly washing and waxing the iib tc, got into a race propositino immediately by a 93 typhoon suv, and didn't bother as I know what they are capable of as a ferrari and porsche killer. Then a few miles later come across a audi a6 2.7 tt, I'm pulling away slowly and then he gives it the full throtle treatment, I just floor it and drop down it pulled right along the 250 hp twin turbo v-6 without a problem, the yuppie in a suit was really pissed and surprised at the same time. I actually considered buying a a6 2.7tt before buying the tc mainly for speed and power, now I really don't regret it.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
I still get way fewer wannabe racers with the tC than I do with the Supra. It's kinda nice.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
I have had more than one dodge neon with black steelie wheels try to race me......i kind of point and laugh
Did race a SRT-4 though, good times, it was pretty neck and neck, it was impromto, as the road went from two lanes to one, needless to say I won
Most kids just look to race anyone, even people like me in my old baby blue cadillac with 18" Lexani wheels. I remember racing many a person in my older cadillac which could pull about a 15.2 quarter or so. Needless to say I sent many a ricer crying home to mommy:)

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Not me. I've had a good run for the money from a Continental years ago on the freeway while riding my bike. Before that I'd've never thought they went 130+. Some of those big old cars had more power than most guys want to think about.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Oh yah, my caddy front the factory had right at 300 hp and upper 200s torque, it moved pretty good, especially after the 50 series flowmaster exhaust and K &N intake
My caddy was electronically limited to 117 though.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
My first car I got from my Grandparents was a 1973 Cadillac Fleetwood 472. It weighted about 7,100lbs, but after it got on the freeway watch out. It would pull hard burying the needle at 130 and was still pulling hard. To bad it got about 8mpg. The thing was a tank and when gas was about 90cents a gallon it wasn't to bad. That's till my parents bought me an alltrac my junior year and then I knew what good mileage was.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
I think that when you get into 472 territory, or any big block for that matter, you can watch the fuel gauge fall as the tach rises.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
I would kill for a nice old caddy like that, nothing is more relaxing to drive. Those motors produced amazing torque and with a few inexpensive, smart modifications were 600hp/600 lbft monsters. Also, I think they were right at 5000lbs, the heaviest production car ever built was the 1965 lincoln continental(with the suicide doors and drop top). It weighed in right at 6500lbs.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
It would take two two ton jacks to raise the front end. It was interesting car; I sold the engine to a friend who put it in his 78 firebird. That thing was insane on a straight line. But there was a big problem the extra weight made it horrible in the turns. Not long after he crashed it into a barn. Luckily he was fine but that was the end of that car.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I agree, EVERYONE wants to race me, even jeeps, suvs, and people in minivans? The funniest tho was a lil spanish kid that pulled up to the pump next to me while I was filling up, he had a 94 accord that was mostly green, had a spoiler on it that would make a superbird gag, and was running steel cans in the front and 17"s in the back(I don't get it either)

The thing cam chugging up to a stop at the pump and the kid eyed me down for a min then asked if I wanted to race his "pure mugen power"

I laughed, asked him if it would make it up to the starting line without falling apart and went on with my evening

·
Registered
136 Posts
Originally posted by djhax@Aug 17 2005, 12:31 PM
I laughed, asked him if it would make it up to the starting line without falling apart and went on with my evening
hahaha

·
Registered
197 Posts
i havent had that many people try to race me yet, maybe its bc i dont have an exhaust yet. all the high school kids used to love to try to race me when i have my 01 celica, that thing was like a racing magnet. maybe bc it was modded out..... i dunno

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.