Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have the tein s-tech springs in my tc now and i want to put a set of 19"x9.5" rims on the car this spring. first question is will they fit without rubbing and the second question is what offset would i need for proper fitment of the wheels.

Thanks,

BlinkyTc

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
holy crap 19x9.5 . You are aware of the negative effects that this size rim and tire could do to your car if you can even fit it in there without rub right?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by simplespirit@Jan 29 2006, 04:15 PM
Increased stress on hubs and I'm not 100% sure but possibly broken axle shafts.

You'd likely have no problems with a 19x8.5 +48 or so running 245s though.
cool, thanks for the info i will def be going with the 8.5" wide rims now.

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
its more of the 19" diameter. It will decend your MPG by a lot. It will horribly kill your acceleration. It will make your spedometor read incorrect speeds. Search Tyre bible.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Originally posted by ALaS@Jan 29 2006, 04:29 PM
its more of the 19" diameter. It will decend your MPG by a lot. It will horribly kill your acceleration. It will make your spedometor read incorrect speeds. Search Tyre bible.
That's not entirely true. As long as the weight and combined height of the wheel and tire is kept as close to stock as possible it won't really effect the speedometer and will minimally effect gas mileage if at all. It's all about proper proportions.

For a 19x8.5 you'll want a 245/30 tire. That combo will be 17/100ths of an inch taller and you won't notice that minor of a difference in your speed.

Weight can and will play with your mpg and when I weighed my stockers the wheels came in at 20.2 lbs and per Bridgestone the stock tires are 23 lbs. I'd try to find a 19 that's around 21 lbs or less if you're worried about mpg.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Originally posted by simplespirit@Jan 29 2006, 05:15 PM
Those would be 1.13 inches taller overall so you'd probably rub for sure.

Outside of that the difference is 4.6% so you'd be doing 62.8 when your speedo is reading 60.
do you think that if i rolled the fenders and tool the liners out i would still rub with the 35's??

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.