Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so as you all know, I have an A/T but I do like the look of the lowered car. (and Wolo told me I needed the springs)

I thought this was a really expensive ordeal but Labfish said that just the springs installed is like $250.

So my question is: Would there be any advantage for me to go with the whole sway bar, struts, shocks thing? Or should I just get the springs for the look?

Thanks

·
Registered
5,651 Posts
The springs are a great performance mod and not just for good looks. They improve handling and turning, and IMO just make driving the car better. The springs are designed to work with the stock struts and shocks, so if money is an issue, you're more than fine to roll with just the springs.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
$250 installed will be a big stretch, unless you are really lucky. Or if you get the springs for $99 from one of the online places and then find somebody to install them for you for $150. Dealer will be hard to persuade to give you this price.

Springs by themselves will do, plus automatic tCs have a better sway bar than 5-speed ones, so you probably will not even need the swaybar.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah the dealer quoted me $199 for springs and $275 for install. I see the springs on Sparks for $119 which would bring the total down to $400.

Still a little expensive. I mean, damn man, that's like 2 pair of jeans!

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I love my G-Star's. I bought one pair and went back the next week to buy a second (different wash). They are like $180, but I was spending close to that anyway on Diesel... so whadeva.

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
I got the springs at sparks for 110 I think. Dealer is quoting me a price of 198$ with tax for installing them and I have the 50$ scion gift card thingy I get to use...Thus... 250$ total. The install is 2 1/2 hours labor, quoted from the dealership. Don't let them screw ya!!

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Hmm. $180 for jeans... I can understand $100 for Dr. Martens boots, but these last for 5 years... Never spent more than $20-30 on jeans, though. I'd rather pay off my car 2 months sooner than spend $400 on jeans.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well with the price they are charging for the pedestal spoiler/install, I'm gunna put that on hold (probably indefinately). So the springs slide right up into that slot.

I need to find something to use that $50 for before 3/30/05 - might as well be the springs I think.

·
Premium Member
1,713 Posts
I like my $14.99 Wal-Mart jeans!!

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
Originally posted by gcue@Dec 3 2004, 10:35 AM
yeah the dealer quoted me $199 for springs and $275 for install. I see the springs on Sparks for $119 which would bring the total down to $400.

Still a little expensive. I mean, damn man, that's like 2 pair of jeans!
do the springs and sway.

drive up from hollywood to sacramento and pull into migraine motorsports. i'll beat that install rate everyday.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
so I was trying to find more info on g-star for all you fashion noobs out there, and there are only 2 g-star raw stores in the USA - and it just happens that the LA store is walking distance from my apartment. YAY

Anyway - Nordstroms, Bloomingdale's, and prolly Macy's will have em and you should check them out. I have 2 pair of the low loose cut - different washes and weights of denim. I love them both and they have replaced my Diesels as my daily-wear jeans.

DJ - $15 for jeans? Are you kidding? I pay $15 for a pair of socks ($20 if I splurge on the Hugo Boss socks)

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
inevitable - I need to find a guy like you close by... watching out for the tc owners... but I can't do like 6 hours each way. that's crazy.

But if there are any LA garage guys around, let me know. I'm looking for someone good with good prices to do some installs for me.

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
i think the discussions on who wears the most overpriced sweatshop fashions would fit better in the off topic forum. lets try to stay on suspension and brake discussions while here.

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
Originally posted by gcue@Dec 3 2004, 03:31 PM
inevitable - I need to find a guy like you close by... watching out for the tc owners... but I can't do like 6 hours each way. that's crazy.

But if there are any LA garage guys around, let me know. I'm looking for someone good with good prices to do some installs for me.
i have no hollywood contacts, unfortunately. sorry.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Originally posted by inevitablegod@Dec 3 2004, 07:39 PM
i think the discussions on who wears the most overpriced sweatshop fashions would fit better in the off topic forum. lets try to stay on suspension and brake discussions while here.
I dunno, I sometimes use pants to cushion the ride...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.