Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am almost at 5000 miles and everytime my car starts, the maintence light always blinks for a long time before going off......I already got an oil change at 3000 and I thought there was a post on here (did a search, couldn't find it) saying that you had to push a button or something to make that go off....or should i take it in to get checked?

·
Registered
282 Posts
it comes on at start along with every other light (airbags, etc) because its letting you know those lights work just fine. if they didnt come on at start, then you got trouble bc you will never know if something is going wrong.
i wouldnt worry about it, i am sure its fine. if you want to be on the safe side, then take it in to get it check if it makes you feel better.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
The accumulated vehicle distance memorized in the meter ECU can be reset by the following procedures.
1) Turn the ignition switch ON and make sure that the LCD is the odometer display.
2) Turn the ignition switch OFF. While pushing the “TRIP” meter reset knob, turn the ignition switch
ON.
3) Until the resetting is completed for at least five seconds and the LCD counts as shown below. Release
the “TRIP” meter reset knob when the resetting is completed.
4) After the resetting is completed, the LCD displays as follows for one second. Then, the LCD displays
the odometer.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
And a little background info:

An oil replacement reminder light will light or flash to remind the driver to change the engine oil depending
the vehicle driving distance.
- Lighting and flashing of the oil replacement reminder light is operated based on the accumulated vehicle
driving distance memorized in the combination meter (meter ECU).
- The meter ECU calculates the vehicle driving distance based on the signals from the skid control ECU.
- This light has a bulb check function and an oil replacement reminder function.
- When turning the ignition switch ON, the meter ECU will turn ON the oil replacement reminder light for
3 seconds for the bulb check.
- When the accumulated vehicle driving distance memorized in the meter ECU exceeds 4500 miles (7200
km) after being reset, the meter ECU will flash the oil replacement reminder light for 12 seconds after the
bulb check and remind the driver that the engine oil changing time is near at hand.
- When the accumulated vehicle driving distance memorized in the meter ECU exceeds 5000 miles (8000
km) after being reset, the meter ECU will keep the oil replacement reminder light on after the bulb check
and remind the driver to change the engine oil.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts