Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read all the stuff I could find on here and still cannot understand the answer. I want these rims they are 17x7 and a 35mm offset. Will these fit on a tc?

Also could 17x7.5 fit if they are the correct offset?

Sorry i'm such a newbie with this. Never bought rims before. Thanks

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Originally posted by BoostC@May 10 2005, 10:09 PM
I've read all the stuff I could find on here and still cannot understand the answer. I want these rims they are 17x7 and a 35mm offset. Will these fit on a tc?

Also could 17x7.5 fit if they are the correct offset?

Sorry i'm such a newbie with this. Never bought rims before. Thanks
Yes and Yes.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
8 inch and that offset wont cause any of that rubbing i hear so much of? I would love to get some wider rubber on this thing. Also anyone know how good toyo proxes 4 tires are? And the proxie t1-s. Hear good things?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
and what are the cons of going with wider rims if there are any?

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Originally posted by raamaudio@May 11 2005, 02:47 AM
Even better is 8" wide and 35mm offset:)

Rick
Will that fit without rubbing? I have 7.5" wide with 35mm offset and I can't see how another .5" would fit without at least a little rubbing under big bumps or heavy cornering...

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Originally posted by BoostC@May 11 2005, 08:40 PM
8 inch and that offset wont cause any of that rubbing i hear so much of? I would love to get some wider rubber on this thing. Also anyone know how good toyo proxes 4 tires are? And the proxie t1-s. Hear good things?
I don't know about the toyo's, but check these out - http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?ti...romCompare1=yes

Fuzion ZRi. They are the 5th highest ranked tire (out of 41) in the Ultra High Performance Summer Tire category, and they only cost $93 each for the 225/45/17 size.

EDIT - actually, most of the tires in that category are that price.

·
Registered
6 Posts
As far as the Toyo FZ4 tires go, I had a set on my 92 Si HB. Great grip in dry conditions but wet grip was a different story. Tended to slip around in the rain, not bad but more than the Bridgestones I had before. The worst was in the winter, not good at all in the snow. Mine were 225/40/16 I think. Horsepower in my civic was about the same as my tC, although the civic weighed less. I guess if it doesn't snow in your area, good tire; if it does it's maybe not such a good choice. Hope I helped.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.