Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

Received a phone call last night from my original dealer. They found my car and will be trading one of theirs to get mine from another dealer. Problem is, they said they're going to be DRIVING my car back from the other dealer, which is.....80 MILES AWAY! What am I supposed to do? I told them to tow it. They said they can't do that.

ARGH! Please let me know what your opinions are.

Thanks.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Honestly, I would rather than drive it than tow it. Towing is not particularly good for a car, you know.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
What's 80 miles? It's not like they are driving it from Miami to Chicago...

·
Registered
126 Posts
is it stick or auto? if its standard make sure a good driver is behind the wheel and not an errand monkey who will beat the hell out of it. if its auto then just inspect for dents dings etc from highway rocks and make sure its perfect when you take delivery. good luck on the new wheels either way

·
Registered
832 Posts
At least around here, there are people that specifically do the driving for dealer trades for a living. They tend to be in their late 50's-early 60's and heavily insured. It's common practise in my neck of the woods and the people involved are professional. I wouldn't worry about it.

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
we do that all the time. sometimes from 200 miles away. its the only way to get what people want sometimes. i bought my matrix with 427 miles on it. had some test drives on it, and had to be brought in from another dealer. but it was the only one like it around at the time. just something you have to deal with if you want your car.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.