Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
I want to say no, only if you plan on getting wheels + springs will you need a camber kit to prevent your tires from rotating inwards. That happened to my friend's girlfriend's Celica. Springs + 18"s + no camber kit = weird looking Celica and the need to buy new tires.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
No, you don't need a camber kit. You just need to get the alignment re-done after you install the springs.

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
Originally posted by Tony247@Aug 23 2005, 11:42 AM
my fault, I have the TRD lowering springs on right now.  So that means I'll have to get the alignment done plus a camber kit?
You don't need the Hotchkis camber links for the TRD's mere 1.25" drop; the factory adjustments are sufficient for proper realignment after installing TRD springs. If you're doing a deeper drop, say 2" on Goldlines, then the stock adjustment range is likely to be insufficient to deal with the massive camber change; you would then have to rely on Hotchkis camber links or something similar with higher adjustability than stock.

-Ed

EDIT: PS Yes, you should get a realignment done.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Camber doesn't kill tires anyway. Toe does. You need camber well in excess of -2 degrees to even begin to see wear problems from camber. If you have a toe error of even 1mm, it could mean a VERY short life for your tires.

D has the Goldlines on his car, and the camber isn't even close to excessive. Just get the alignment done by someone competent, make sure the toe is good, and your car will be fine.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.