Scion tC Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am still waiting for my TC, but wondering if I should get the subwoofer provided by the dealer or are there better ones out there?
please tell me what you think of the subwoofer if have it in your TC.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Originally posted by cars@Aug 3 2004, 04:42 PM
I am still waiting for my TC, but wondering if I should get the subwoofer provided by the dealer or are there better ones out there?
please tell me what you think of the subwoofer if have it in your TC.
i heard the bazooka factory sub.. it was "boomy".. not vey tight and almost overpowering.. lots of midbass.. wondering if the levels should've been adjusted for the sub itself.. i remember the JL subs were tighter and deeper in their sound.. hope that helps..

·
Registered
936 Posts
Honestly, it depends on how much of an audio-affecionado you are. To me it seems as if you are probably mildly to slightly moderate in your level of expectations from an audio system. With this knowledge in mind, I would say the factory Bazooka sub would be just fine. People tend to get mislead with the sub as it comes from the factory turned all the way up, which obviously does not lend itself well to "blending" with the stock speakers.

With a little fine tuning of the "gain" on the built-in amp, I would say the sub would provide enough mid/low frequency output to suit your needs and wants in an audio system. An aftermarket hookup will only prove itself cumbersome to you as it takes up trunk space and is prone to different types of malfunctions. Do yourself a favore and go the "seamless" and problem free route of letting the dealer install the bazooka, that way if there are any problems, you wont have the headache of dealing with the 17yr olds at Best Buy who will focus more on "pimping" your car for the day instead of installing your system. - t

·
Registered
793 Posts
I was thinking of getting the Bazooka for awhile, but I wasn't too excited about spending all of that money on it...I'm not so much of a music lover that the stock system isn't good enough for me. Heck, my old car had busted speakers for a long time and I was happy enough with it. Hehe.

In any case, I have some friends willing to install something for me, but I have no idea what to get. I don't need something REALLY powerful, and I'd like to keep it as small as possible, while staying in a decent price range. Anyone know of anything good that might suit my needs?

·
Registered
5,651 Posts
I might have to wait for a meet-n-greet to check out someone else's stock system with the Bazooka. Its intriguing, but I'm still hesitant.

In the meantime, the stock system has been a welcome upgrade from my collegemobile.

·
Registered
5,651 Posts
I have no interest in booming like that.

Got that outta my system back when I was a teenager.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I'm sure that the factory sub is worth it if you just want to enhance your sound. The booming and stuff is kind of annoying after the initial week, not just for people around you but folks that have to ride in the back seat.

·
Registered
128 Posts
hehe i know... I used to be one of those "suckers" and man... lemme tell ya, after 30 mins in the back seat with the bass booming, I couldn't hear for about 8 hours... it sucked.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I would not spend that kind of money for that bazooka tube. If you want a great sub that is all in one, get a Infinity Basslink. I have on in my jeep wrangler right now, it bumps hard. You can pick one up on ebay Basslinks on Ebay You should only pay about $ 175-185 for one. They are really great subs. As soon as I get my TC this is going in. Its Pre-Amped for 200W, and that is more then enough for a open back trunk. On a scionlife page some person put on in. Hope this helps

·
Registered
256 Posts
I went to Tweeter and got a quote for a small Alpine amp with a single JL 10" (PowerWedge I think?). I was blown away hearing it in the demo room! I'm getting it when I save up the money, no new credit cards for me! Anyway, if anyone wants more info about my quote, shoot me a line.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
I did not want the blockrocking sub and neither I wanted to mess with wiring. Plus I'm extremely greedy

So I ordered a scion bazooka harness ($30) and bought an 8" bazooka tube ($40), put this thing in (plug and play - you don't even have to splice anything). I can feel the bass, and the tube is set to almost minimal level, so there is some potential if it's not enough. For a tiny interior the tube provides enough oomph to make music more enjoyable (mostly tested with BPM, The Move and The System on XM).

·
Registered
38 Posts
Would it be easy, when installing a sub, to screw up any warranty other than that on the sub--which I guess you don't have anyway if you don't get it installed professionally? I'm trying to figure out what I can have a meechanic friend of mine do without risk of warranty problems--this particular friend of mine owes me money that I don't think I will ever see again, so I'm kind of envisioning having him install stuff to pay me back. Seems like a good plan--except for the warranty.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I don't like the idea of spending more money than nessesary over the long run. I got a custom 10" alpine fitted into the back with a kicker amp. It looks and sounds better than the basookaand it cost me $400.

·
Registered
10 Posts
one thing about the factory sub is its location... remember that when purchasing aftermarket subs you need a custom fitted box to make your trunk look decent...... the back seats on the scion fold back so the location of the bazooka sub is great, like its not even there.........

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Originally posted by TMH357@Sep 5 2004, 06:17 PM
I don't like the idea of spending more money than nessesary over the long run. I got a custom 10" alpine fitted into the back with a kicker amp. It looks and sounds better than the basookaand it cost me $400.
Pics?

·
Registered
290 Posts
yeah i want to see pics.... I cant be heard 5 miles away but the scion sub is enough for me, it fits nicely and just plugs right in. It comes with the wiring and great instructions for $270 from www.mcgeorgeparts.com!!!!! It has enough bass to complete the music and hit nice and hard. Exactly what i was looking for.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts