Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was your Scion tC more like an impulse buy or a planned buy?

I wanted to buy a new car last year. In fact, it was a Toyota Celica (forget year) and I really wanted it. Unfortunately, my dad wanted me to do it on my own and I just couldn't afford it w/out a co-signer. I was really disappointed. So I planned and planned how I'll get enough money for a good amount of downpayment and when.
so I calculated for my b-day this year since last year. But I was getting disappointed because I just couldn't save enough money and I really did not want to invest on my '88 Hyundai Excel for repairs to make it functional. Not to mention, i had to get the registration renewed including a smog test that will total 80+ if it passed. I was tired of it. So I looked and looked for a car. I had my eye set on a '99 Audi for 16,999. It looked really nice. I knew of the tC but I figured it cost so much that why even look. But my friend convinced me that why buy a car for that price and year when I could get a 2005 Scion. He told me the price and I was like, "that's it!?" So I did my research and went to see one and I got it! So it had a little mixture of both, when I saw the tC, I wanted right away but I had been planning on buying a new car regardless.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
I was looking for a new-ER car... but not a brand new car. The tC just kinda fell into my lap.. I loved it... so I bought it. It brand new was cheaper than most of the used cars I was looking at... so I couldn't say no!

·
Registered
187 Posts
I researched several cars for months. I decided on a Tc and have been happy every since.

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
Was looking for a new car for a few months and was leaning in the direction of an RSX-S but I had to wait until the tC came out before I made my final decision. Drove it and made my decision. And now I'm back on the waiting list for my replacement.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by Labfish@Oct 25 2004, 11:30 PM
Was looking for a new car for a few months and was leaning in the direction of an RSX-S but I had to wait until the tC came out before I made my final decision. Drove it and made my decision. And now I'm back on the waiting list for my replacement.
That sux btw. How are you doing now?

·
Premium Member
1,713 Posts
Ours was planned.....
We were looking at Mazda3, Altima 2.5, Sentra SE-R Spec-V, 2001 Maxima SE.... then I saw the tC & I loved it before my g/f... then she saw it in person.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
I spent over 6 months looking at and researching new cars, and had actually settled on one (2004 Honda Accord Coupe), which I was going to buy sometime this Fall, when I heard about the tC. A week later, I was completely sold on the tC; I actually bought my tC a couple months earlier than I had planned on buying a new car, because I wanted a tC so badly.

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
Originally posted by jram_82@Oct 26 2004, 01:03 PM
That sux btw. How are you doing now?
I'm gettn' by. Had my doc appt. today and got 6 sessions of physical therapy scheduled. Talked to the head claims guy for the other guy's insurance and it's still waiting for the report to get in - so hopefully today (Wednesday) I will have the final answer. He pretty much said that if it's totaled I'll get full minus the mileage I had on it ~600 miles at whatever the IRS rate for reimbursement is on it...so I'll be off 200$

1 - 9 of 9 Posts