Scion tC Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As some of you may know, when you connect a device to the auxiliary input on the stock head unit, you have to press the CD source button twice to switch to listening to the AUX. Well, about a half dozen times since I installed my XM receiver, I've found that this just doesn't work -- I hit the button twice, and it stays on CD. I hit it 15 more times, and it stays on CD. I turn the radio off and back on, turn the car off and back on, etc., but nothing obvious seems to fix the problem.

Anyone encountered this problem? If so, know a fix? If not, anyone have any suggestions?

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's not hooked up through the factory "satellite radio" option; it's hooked up through the auxiliary input.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Sounds to me like the aux adapter is not communicating properly w/ the head unit. What brand is it? Where did you buy it? Maybe try another one or switch to a different brand adapter.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Anyone else experienced this? Anyone know a solution? I have searched the internet and all the tC forums in vain.

The AUX input adaptor I'm using the the PIE TOY03-AUX one.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think I just figured out the problem -- the adaptor appears to be defective. One of the pins was tucked into the black covering behind the connector instead of actually being pushed into the connector itself.

Unfortunately, after fiddling around behind the dash, my XM receiver appears to have stopped working. I'm about ready to cancel my service, throw the receiver away, and just use the AUX input adaptor to connect my iPod instead.

·
Former '05er
12,466 Posts
Now you know why I wish there was a USB input...

·
Registered
372 Posts
Originally posted by basilisk4@Dec 26 2004, 09:44 AM
I think I just figured out the problem -- the adaptor appears to be defective. One of the pins was tucked into the black covering behind the connector instead of actually being pushed into the connector itself.

Unfortunately, after fiddling around behind the dash, my XM receiver appears to have stopped working. I'm about ready to cancel my service, throw the receiver away, and just use the AUX input adaptor to connect my iPod instead.
Must be it. I have the same one you do and it works flawlessly.

Sorry!

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by lo bux racer@Dec 26 2004, 03:06 PM
Now you know why I wish there was a USB input...
Not really. What would I want to connect to a car radio that would have a USB connection?

·
Former '05er
12,466 Posts
How about a gig memory stick with 17 hours of music on it?

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nope, don't have one of those, and wouldn't buy one. CD-Rs are a much cheaper and roughly equivalent alternative.

·
Former '05er
12,466 Posts
If you work in IT, they're free. Sales guys hand them out like candy...

·
Registered
92 Posts
hehe. usb would be cool. but a 40-pin IDE connector would be cooler

if i ever replace the stock HU, it will be for a carputer with 802.11 wireless.

the idea of snagging songs from my server before pulling out of the driveway is geekily appealing

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
...and I thought *I* was a dork. Obviously I'm no longer as big a computer geek as I once was.

·
Former '05er
12,466 Posts
With USB I can hook up a 300Gb drive and I don't need a separate power wire. If you can't have enough music on 300Gb you're way out there.

Bluetooth is coming to cars. It is the coming standard for engine management sensor communication. It would be trivial to set up a 100 meter bluetooth point in the house to link to the garage and download music (or anything else for that matter, like upload performance and economy data from the car too!)

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Originally posted by cad455@Dec 27 2004, 10:11 AM
hehe. usb would be cool. but a 40-pin IDE connector would be cooler

if i ever replace the stock HU, it will be for a carputer with 802.11 wireless.

the idea of snagging songs from my server before pulling out of the driveway is geekily appealing
This is indeed true. Makes my blood run hott! My buddy's got a PC and a touchscreen in his car. Its hot, got an ATI all in wonder so he gets live TV. DVD player, MP3s all on the same screen

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I still don't even understand the point of putting an LCD screen or a DVD player in a car, let alone all that other crap.

·
Former '05er
12,466 Posts
Just more stuff to give some a$$hole a reason to break in and mess up your car IMHO.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
There is that, too.

·
Registered
1 Posts
VIDEOS included - Forex trading
"Something Fantastic" happens every day at the same time, to the same stock index... automated forex that will make you rich! forex options

Karl Dittmann (Germany) - 30 years of trading experience forex search If you learn the one hidden secret which is repeated daily for years, you will make an incredible profit! forex technical analysis
One single stock index trade within 15 minutes of the market pening is all you need! forex day trading What if you knew a trading secret so simple, yet so powerful, that anyone could use to profit from the Stock market even without experience. All You need is to trade Single Stock Index - 15 minutes at the opening. 30-50 ticks daily can be yours! forx pips This is Guaranteed! forex trade signals
There is no way to lose money! forex systems
Forget Indicators and stock trading guides! forex trading platform
There is "something" which happens every day at the same time with the same Stock Index...! acm forex This is when you can make real money! forex dealer
It is absolutely possible to have 9 or even 10 winning trades out of 10...

All you need is to know the secret and exact trading algorithm. The secret can be used for some other major stocks too! forex spot

This Secret Will Completely Change Your Life! forex mini account The System is 100% mechanical and doesn't need any tech indicators or other tech materials... forex information it can be used by anyone... even beginners.

Newbies will like the simplicity while experts will like the ease of use and amazing stock index trading idea .... forex online It is a complete plug and play system can be used by any people even without any experience of Stock indices trading! forex trading tutorials All You need is the idea and the exact plug-n-play trading algorithm. forex trading company

Finally, these unbelievable trading secret are available to the public for the first time ever. forex platform This method have the potential to completely change your life. how to trade forex 100% Mechanical system, which have been hidden for years, known to only a group of Wealthy Trading Elite! forex management

Join us know... forex rates I guarantee once you read and apply for our method - you will never look back, and never want to use any other trading Stock market system! forex curencies wow gold warcraft gold

1 - 20 of 21 Posts