Scion tC Forums banner

question on pioneer system...

1K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  mrc00l88 
#1 ·
two pioneer 12' subs
2 channel pioneer amp
a box
8-gauge wiring kit

for $300, do you think thats a good price?

#2 ·
yes its a good price, only if its 150+ watts

#3 ·
Who ever your buying from is only doing a 15% mark up on the price so no not a bad deal. I am guessing the wiring kit is raptor (same as the expensive brands but just as good)

#4 ·
What model numbers are these? Is this an online retailer? How much for shipping? Are they an authorized Pioneer dealer? Do you take into consideration what kind of service they will provide if the product fails? Price is not everything. Consider what level of service you require as well. All of these questions and more will determine if this is a "real value".

#5 ·
If you give me the model numbers of everything I can tell you how much money your saving or actual spending. Also with summer almost here new products are coming out so they might be trying to get rid of the old stock.

Getting from an authorized dealer is better. You sometimes pay a little more but we can gurantee you beter service if the product should ever fail. Limited warranty though. But our products come direct so less chance of it being damaged goods.

#6 ·
its from a magazine, my friend owns a detailing shop, and he got the yoni magazine. it doesnt say wat type of speakers they are, but its an all pioneer package. the website is yoniusa.com, you can see the site here

this is all it says
-----------------------------------

ONE AMPLIFIER
Bridgeable
Channel # Capability 1/2/3
PWM Regulated MOSFET Power Supply
Screw-Type Speaker Terminals
Balanced Isolator Input Circuit
RCA Inputs 2 Channel
Input Level Control Hi-Volt (200mV ~ 6.5v)
Built-in Crossover Selectable LPF (80Hz, -12dB/Oct.)
Specifications:
Peak Music Power: 760 Watts
Number of Channels: 2
Load Impedance Capability: 2~8 Ohm (Stereo), 4~8 Ohm (Bridged)
Continuous Power (4 ohm): 125W x 2
Continuous Power (2 ohm): 190W x 2
Continuous Power Bridged (4 ohm): 380W x 1
Frequency Response: 10Hz ~ 50kHz
Total Harmonic Distortion: 0.008%
Signal-to-Noise Ratio: 100dB
Dimensions: 12" x 2 3/8" x 12 3/4"

TWO SUBWOOFERS
Description:
Size 12"
Single Voice Coil
Composite IMPP cone using interlaced KEVLAR brand fiber
Surround Wide Roll, Three-Layer Fiber Woven Radial
Voice Coil 4-Layer, Long Voice Coil
Voice Coil Bobbin 12 Slit Aluminum
Conex Damper with Damper Ring
Projected Pole Yoke with Vented Pole
Magnet Construction Double Mass High-Power
Gasket Molded
Specifications:
Watts Max. Music Power: 800W
Watts Nominal Power Handling: 400W
Frequency Response: 18Hz ~ 2kHz
Sensitivity (1W/1m): 89dB
Ohm Rating: 4
Recommended Enclosure: 1.5 Cubic Feet
Accessory Grill: UD-G305

1 BANDPASS BOX
1 Amplifier Wiring Kit

#7 ·
Those are componet subwoofers, MSRP is 80.00 but I sell them for around 66.00

The amp isn't that much either maybe 150.00 (and thats guessing high)

Here is where I would have some questions. It says bandpass box right? Those are normally preloaded (plexiglass fronts) and are used to hide distortions.

300.00 isn't a bad price for everything but its not going to be a hard hard hitting system. It's Pioneers lowend stuff. Which if you just want a little bit of bass its not to bad of a setup. If your looking for something that will really rock your world then you'll need to drop a little more cash. I'll give you an example:

1 MaAudio X2 Subwoofer 3000 watts 1500 RMS 329.00
1 HK2000D amp 1800 watts (mean mean amp) about 400-500 dollars
Wires 0 gauge 60 dollars (raptor kits are cheap)
Custom Box 200.00

That system I just described will push out about 140-145dB maybe even more depending on your box. Remeber a box really can make or break a system.

#9 ·
Here's my suggestion for Bass-on-a-budget:

MRP-M350 350W Mono Sub Amp $200 @ CF - (on sale at Best Buy right now for $180)
SWE-1242 $150/pair (buy one get one free deal!!)
8 AWG Amp Kit $80 @ BB $30 @ CF
Pre-fab Q-Logic Sealed Box $90 @ BB $70 @ CF
Or Pre-fab Q-Logic Ported Box $170 @ BB $120 @ CF (BB Box is a better ported design. Tuned lower for more output)

I suggest the ported box. It will about double your output.

All of these are available at Best Buy or Crutchfield for the prices I just mentioned. Also may be available at other local retailers but may vary on price or enclosure models.

EDIT - Forgot to put the prices in for the Amp Kit and had an error on the CF ported box price.

#11 ·
That should be pretty darn loud. You could go with a single Type-S 10 instead of two Type-E 12's. Or use a sealed box instead of ported...either way would save you a few dollars and I think you'd be quite happy with it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.