Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't make up my mind which one to get. Can someone give me any info on how hard it is to keep it clean or scratch free?? Does scuff marks and scratches show up more on white or black? also how easy or hard is it to cover it up with the paint they give you? Also which color do you prefer considering all the factors? I am getting it with a pedestal spoiler if that changes your mind any.

forgot to ask: will the super white turn yellowish in a couple of years from the sunlight? thanks

·
Registered
12 Posts
  blacks gotta be the hardest color to keep clean.[/b]
Yup... I would know i have one

My bsp is like a dust magnet... even after i just wash the car you already notice dust around the car. Well it all really depends on your taste. They are both great colors. Around here there are so many white cars and I just wanted something different (besides a super white tc from across they park who happens to drive by alot
) I chose black because it has that dark and steathly look when you drive around at night. hahaha if you understand me. You shouldnt worry about scratches so much. Sooner or later somethings gonna happen like my hand-key to door malfunction to a kid falling on your car and scratching the paint.

If you take good care of your car like waxing and such, it wont turn yellow but its good to keep it garaged.

Please forgive me, I used your pics but I wanted her to see to compare maareeaa and bluetrain225.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hey hdoaner...thanks for the comparision but i'm still undecided, they both look good. it's odd how i thought white would be a b*tch to keep clean but instead it's black. I like the white but the white doesn't have the sparkle in the paint unlike the black, but who's going to put their faces next to your car to see the shimmer in the paint right? but do you guys think if someone rear ends your car would the scratches and scuffs be more obvious or black or white? thx guys i'm having a hell of a time deciding...any advice on either color car will be a big help

·
Registered
12 Posts
My opinion is that either way scratches will be able to be seen with either color. Especially if the scratch is from the paint of the other car. Well you could say that white would be more noticeable when it comes to scratches but black isnt too far from it either. Heres a food for thought: White doesnt accumulate as much heat as black would. (Summer days in southern california makes me feel like its hot as "hell" in my car especially with red interior
)

·
Registered
123 Posts
hdoaner no worries on using my pic!
I must agree that the bsp needs more attention to keep clean but she's worth it. She's so beautiful just as the super white. Honestly when I first saw the super white on the road i was like "Damn I should have gotten white!" I too thought white would be harder to keep clean but it's all good. BSP rocks! Good luck on your choice tcgal!! I'm sure you'll be happy with whatever color you choose!

·
Registered
108 Posts
It does take more work to keep the black clean. I think both colors look great on the tC. I got black because my last car was white. If it wasn't for that, I may have picked white. I do like the contrast of the roof against the white, but the black has a classy look.

·
Registered
13 Posts
My BSP will arrive sometime in July. Thank God for the 365-24-7 car wash access at the firehouse.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.