Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm currently waiting for my tc to be allocated, maybe 4-6 weeks. The deposit I put down is refundable so I am still considering if this is something I really want to buy. My question is do the people who own '06s have the same rattles and paint chipping problems as the '05s? Just thinking if Toyota has not addressed these problems yet I could wait to see if they fix this for '07 in a year. I asked a lady at the dealer I am buying mine from about the paint color change and she said Toyota changes paint colors every year and it isn't for any particular reason. I'm willing to put up with waiting another year to have a car that won't be in the shop getting fixed for unnecessary problems. This car is still a bargin even considering the problems it seems to have but a new car, especially a Toyota shouldn't have so many defects. I would appreciate any feedback from '06 owners.

Don't mind the spelling of ownders in the topic heading, I only made it past the 4th grade and I'm blind in both eyes. Oh yeah, I was also typing on a macintosh.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
No that is one reason I traded in my 05 to get an 06 the paint and the rattles are completely fine and I cannot notice any as of yet, but I only have 400 miles on mine right now...but in my 05 I could hear the rattles right away, seems that everything is perfect for the 06s

·
Registered
129 Posts
Originally posted by Bladespirit@Aug 20 2005, 09:19 AM
I'm currently waiting for my tc to be allocated, maybe 4-6 weeks. The deposit I put down is refundable so I am still considering if this is something I really want to buy. My question is do the people who own '06s have the same rattles and paint chipping problems as the '05s? Just thinking if Toyota has not addressed these problems yet I could wait to see if they fix this for '07 in a year. I asked a lady at the dealer I am buying mine from about the paint color change and she said Toyota changes paint colors every year and it isn't for any particular reason. I'm willing to put up with waiting another year to have a car that won't be in the shop getting fixed for unnecessary problems. This car is still a bargin even considering the problems it seems to have but a new car, especially a Toyota shouldn't have so many defects. I would appreciate any feedback from '06 owners.

Don't mind the spelling of ownders in the topic heading, I only made it past the 4th grade and I'm blind in both eyes. Oh yeah, I was also typing on a macintosh.
There where no many issues when the tC first came out and still aren't many today, I have an early line model number 13328, and I have the infamous sun roof rattle, that has been basically fixed by doing a few things, and yes my paint chips, but it doesn't chip because they are doing anything different on the Scion side vs Toyota side, its just the design of the car nothing you can do about that. If you worried about the chipping look into a 3M clear bra, after I have a few of the chips fixed on mine I will be having it installed, and it will fix most the chipping issues. Toyota doesn't change paint colors every year just when they feel it's needed, as you may know for 06 Toyota changed the silver slightly and the dark blue to an even darker blue, which helps the car stand further apart from the others. 05-06 in the long run will chip the same no matter what.

~Ben~

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Originally posted by Bladespirit@Aug 20 2005, 09:19 AM
wow u serious??

how u suppose 2 drive wif both eye blind...............

·
Premium Member
16,504 Posts
Originally posted by Bladespirit@Aug 20 2005, 12:19 PM
Oh yeah, I was also typing on a macintosh.
We might not get along.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Originally posted by goldenchild@Aug 20 2005, 10:44 AM
....I traded in my 05 to get an 06....
ive put too much stuff on my '05 to do that lol

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oh don't take offense Jake. I'm sure most of the posters here are on pcs anyways so we can get along just fine
. I don't really have anything against macs. I just find pcs easier to get around in and I always build my pcs. I did notice that you guys are actually getting a multi button mouse. About time, macs have been using that one button mouse for way too long. Oh yeah, this was a forum about tcs wasn't it? My bad.

Yes I am blind in both eyes, I use my super human senses to see just like the Dare Devil. It is pretty cool, I can kick arse just like him too. Look for me in the Indy 500.

The lady at the dealership told me Toyota changes their paint from year to year just to do something different. Whether or not she is full of it I don't know, it is possible. I was going to put the 3M protection on there but I was more worried about the car scratching in other areas. I know any car will get scratches after time but some cars do scratch easier than others. I drive a '96 civic ex and the only problems I have are on the hood.

Thanks for everyones input.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have an '06 and the hatch rattled right off the lot. I'd still buy the car though. Rubber weatherstripping from Auto Zone over the screws where the rubber hatch stops land and also over the catches by the hatch struts fixed the noise until the dealer comes up with a permanent fix.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
^^ its just that they don't want to have to order part for the sunroof cause they can't just get one part they get the whole sunroof assembly, thats what my dealer told me, at least the service guy did

·
Registered
47 Posts
I got my '06 Flint Mica Tc a month and a half ago, and after 2500 miles no paint chips and no rattles. I expect this to change over time though. I think the main reason for the chips are that too many kids drive this car and they ride the rear end of the person in front of them. If you stay a good distance behind the person in front of you there shouldn't be any chips (and you shouldn't rear end anyone), the pebbles big enough to chip your paint drop to the ground fairly quickly because they are heavier. In a few years there will probably be rattles, it's been said to be dismissed as a part of the design.

·
Registered
346 Posts
i have about 1900 miles on mine after 23 days of owning it.

i have one paint chip about 4mm in width and a bunch of very tiny ones you cant see with your eyes, but if you run your hand over the paint you can feel it. when i feel like taking some money and installing a clear bra, i'll fix any chips then install the clear bra.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Anyone here know the safe way to clean and wax your car? I know certain sponges or rags could possibly scratch the car or ruin finish. I live in an apartment with underground parking and there is a hose to wash your car. I have been washing my civic down there and will probably still hand wash when I get my Tc. I am planning on babying this car so I want to clean it the right way.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.