Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been researching underbody led kits for my TC. I have read many auctions on Ebay that say it connects directly to the battery. What does this mean? Does it go right under the battery cables?

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
You can plug the power wires into the battery connectors directly. Or, you could do it like I did and put it somewhere else (I tied mine to the parking lights).

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Can you tell me how you did this? I seen the lights you had on your TC, and it looked great. I am not very good when it comes to wiring. Also, how did you get the lights behind your lower grille?

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
Spliced into the wires behind the center console. I'll see if i can get pics of it sometime.

I zip tied the front LED to one of the vertical bars in front of the radiator... Again... i'll try to get pics.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Did you come up from the bottom og the car when you did the front grille? Thanks for helping.

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
In from the top - through the engine compartment.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cool, that is how I attached my Grille. If you could post pictures, that would be great.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
How did you get the lights attached to the bottom of the sides of the car? I used the two short 36" inch tubes in the engine bay, but want to put mine under the sides. I don't want them to hand down, where everybody can see the led's during the day. Please help!

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
There's a place to screw them into the sides... the back side is doublesided taped on

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Can you post a picture please?

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
HID's are fine. Very bright. No heat problems. Bought them from Oznium.

Filmnews - I'll try to get pics later. It's hard because it's so close underneath the car.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks, when ever you get a chance.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I got mine on last night. I will have pictures of them tonight.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Originally posted by krdshrk@May 18 2006, 06:48 AM
HID's are fine. Very bright. No heat problems. Bought them from Oznium.

Filmnews - I'll try to get pics later. It's hard because it's so close underneath the car.
I'm gonna have to drive down to central Jersey and check out your car 1 day

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

Finally put a picture up of my car. This was at HIN in Indy a few weeks ago. You can see the blue LED under the car. I will post a engine bay picture soon.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.