Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there ppl. I have a question and hope i can get a good answer here =)

I bought an Audiobahn A4601T 4-Chan amp. Its rated at 100 watts per channel at 2 ohm and 75 watts at 4 ohm.

I am thinking of wether to go with 2 ohm or 4 ohm. I know the difference is the chance of distortionin higher volumes, but are there any more drawbacks? I am upgrading to 4 o2 audio mid ranged speakers found here, all the way at the bottom:

o2 Speaker website

Now my question is, i am going to put component tweeters and have been taking a hard look at the Infinity Reference 1011 and 1051 ones. Now my question is, where do the tweeters get their power from? The References bring a crossover, so does that mean the tweeters are connected with the speaker wire too? Does the crossover send the higher frequencies to the tweeter, while the lower ones go to the mid ranged? Or do i need a 6-channel amp to be able to run all of them?

Someone please break down the ohm stuff for me in human language =P Im trying to get all this stuff right the first time =)

·
Registered
11 Posts
I think it would be better if you just got a set of Infinity components. The tweeters you mentioned have in-line crossovers, which means they are wired directly to the wire going to the tweeter. You would then need another crossover for the midrange driver. The mid-range speaker you mentioned also rolls off kinda early, so you wouldn't get much midbass unless you added a driver that would play frequencies below 130 Hz.

If you get a set of matched components (like the Infinity 6010cs), the crossover included is already designed to perfectly match the speakers and sends low frequencies to the mid and highs to the tweeter. Ideally, you would want one channel going to each mid/tweeter combo. You could a set of 2 of those o2 speakers for the rear speakers (you would need to put in a crossover for them).

Also - here is an explanation of Ohm's Law. The website (www.the12volt.com) also has a ton of info about car stereo installation and electronics, especially the forums.

Ohm's Law

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.