Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, I know I have asked my questions like this, but none the less, I have been using a speedo calculator to tell me the speedo difference if I put a different size wheel and tire package on my tC. Anyways, I found that if I put 245/35 18s on it, if I was doing 65 according to my speedo, I would actually be doing 65.35343 MPH, which is not a big deal. Now my question is this, I have been told that if I went to 18s or 19s, it would make my accelleration slower, and I know that there would be a weight difference, but not that big of a difference, and no more weight than I could lose off of my body. So will it still effect my accelleration and make it slower? Or, I found the same type of difference (not much at all) with 235/45 17s or 235/40 17s... Now there would be no bad effect because they are both 17s, right? Just checking, thanks guys in advance (and girls)

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
alright, well here is what is important to me... I want to have wider tires, like 245's or wider, although I know this may not work but I think it will because other people have them. Anyways, I want to improve the grip which I believe the wider tires will do (right?) and I just love the way wide tires look. Right now I have the TRD lowering springs on my car, and I don't know if that is going to effect how big of wheels and all that I can get. I have been looking at the General Exclaim UHP's because they are a good price, and they can fit a 7-9 inch wheel, which I believe would be easy to find. Anyways, if u want to find me a wheel and tire package with 235s or 245s on it, that would be great, but I don't necessarily understand everything about it. I do care about performance though, and I do like the appearance of the bigger wheels, but I love the wide tires. Anyways, thanks for getting back so quickly, and if u could find me a good match (I like 5 and 7 spoke wheels, actually I love the wheels Scion offers, the Super 18s or whatever, but they are not wide enough for 245s (I don't think, correct me if I am wrong)). Anyways, I am rambling, thanks though

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.