Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

· Registered
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some help quessin what rims these are... they don't look to bad in the movie but I'd really like to know what they are. They have a picture of the tC after about 3/4 of the movie. Movie
Its a funny movie cuz they race a PT Cruiser lol

-Eric

· Registered
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I wonder if they come in 17X8 so far it doesnt look like it, I've looked at about 10 sites and only 17X7.

-Eric

· Ironhead
12,859 Posts
nope. i have the 2006 catalog (delivered this morning) from motegi. DP6 in 17x7, 18x7.5, 20x7.5 - the touge, LC5 and LC12 are available in the 17x8 size, as well as their TrakLite models.

· Registered
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks inevitable, one quick question about 225's over 245's (wheel sizes). Is their really that much different? Everyone says their is but that is going from Potenzas to better rubber and a thicker tire. So is their really that much difference between 225's and 245's if it is the same exact wheel?

-Eric

· Registered
407 Posts
Almost an inch more of rubber on the road so yeah. Of course, Sport Compact Car used a 225 on a 17x7 on their project tC. Anything is better than the stock tires but 245 on 17x8 with a good weight would just be that much better over a 225 on 17x7.

· Registered
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Good enough that I should seriously consider picking the performance aspect over the look aspect? That is what is really hard right now because I want it to look good but I also would like some 245's.

-Eric

· Registered
407 Posts
I can't say for sure on that one since I went straight from stock 215s to 245s. You're going to have to compromise on it though, I doubt you'll find something that offers exactly the look you want and the performance difference at the same time. Of course it really comes down to how much you want to spend really, I spent a little extra for mine because I liked how they look on my tC and they're 16 lbs for a 17x8.

· Ironhead
12,859 Posts
i roll 225's right now, on a 7.5" rim. huge difference over stock. not just the width, but the tire itself.
having driven the hell out of lance's tC, my next step is to an 8" rim and a set of 245 Toyo T1-R's. the difference is worthwhile. i would not recommend a 245 on a 7" rim at all. ever. just because someone has done it, doesnt make it safe.

· Registered
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hell yea thats a kick ass movie
. Oh and I know from reading that topic that 245's on a 7" isn't a good idea. Its either I get 17x7's and put 225's on it or get a nice looking decently priced 17x8 and put 245's. I just haven't found any that I really like yet and it's a lot of money.

-Eric

· Registered
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Anyone? Please, they look pretty sick.

-Eric

· Registered
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Those are a lot of money
. I wish I knew what those are in the movie they look really nice on the Flint Mica too.

-Eric

· Registered
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ok this is what i got out of looking at it close up (face to face with the monitor) G_ _ I L maybe. This is how I did it, I right clicked went to play speed, slow. Then i paused it right after you see the greddy shift knob and its a decent close up of the rim. Then I right clicked and went to full screen and it kind of looks like that. PLEASE HELP ME, I want these rims they look really nice and I want some 17x8's that look nice.

-Eric

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.