Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here it is guys!

Now my question is, aside from the fact that this particular ebay sale looks like a scam....do you think that this particular head unit is worth the hassle of buying? I've been looking into replacing my stock head unit with some kind of 6.5 inch screen. I've lookin into the eclipse/kenwood/alpine/pioneer, bu they just seem to be a little out of my price range. Basically I wanted to know if pyle (as a company) or that specific head unit were any good?

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Dude I would just all together stay away from Pyle they are not reliable at all and extremely cheap feeling and looking...it may look cool initially but I am telling you reliability and functions will be limited.

Also you will not want to go cheap on audio or video because you will pay for it in the long run...sooner than later it will break on you and you will then be on the hunt again looking for something better...so save up and spend big when it comes to car audio/video its sooo worth it!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Actually, on ozium.com, there is a review of the Pyle screen done while doing a visor installation...basically, the gist is that this particular one is really not all that crappy and does the job considering the price.

Linky...

While it is true you generally get what you pay for, a lot of electronic companies (even the higher-priced brand name ones) get a lot of their parts from the same suppliers. I wouldn't use any of Pyle's audio equipment, but this screen does not sound half bad.

·
Registered
117 Posts
It's like this, you want a TV in your car. You don't have the $$ for a high end unit. Done deal. Although I would try to go to your local beat shop see if they have one working and hooked up, if the qualtiy of the screen and the operating system ain't bad I'd buy it.If you do let us know how it holds up against other monitors. Already with price and function I am interested. I don't have $$$ to save for a high end unit. Morgage, car note, 2 kids, gas, X-mas, and life. I could definetly settle for a low end cheap monitor. If it breaks....... I always have my factory 6 disc player. Do the research and let us know.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I've actually looked into it recently...and while at circuit city, i founed a head unit that pretty much fits the bill....its not quite as cheap as the one i made a link to, but it can be obtained for about $700 (at circuit city)...or less, if you're willing to look for it online a bit....

Model: JENSEN VM9020TS

I saw it displayed, and the picture quality is quite good....secondly, Jensen's not an unknown brand so its not too bad....I'm sure if we look around a bit, some other things like this will pop up

·
Registered
11 Posts
OH, this was for a head unit. I thought you were talking about the Pyle monitor. Pyle head units are notoriously bad, I would steer clear of them. Reliability problems, poorly made parts, very high noise floor, etc., etc. Jensen is definitely a step above Pyle, but still considered a budget-brand. That 9020TS does have an impressive list of features for the money, but $800 is not exactly chump change.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.