Scion tC Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok. I found this out the hard way. But thanks nae02etc for posting the link to the service manual. If it wasnt for her i would be freaking out more than i did. If you ever take off the door panel and disconnect the power window switch, you disconnect the battery, or you remove the pwr window fuse you must reset the windows. I just got finished taking off my door panels to find that my pwr window switchs would not auto up or down and the driver side switch wouldnt work the passenger window. This is taken straight out of the factory service manual, and trust me, it works.

* When the battery terminal or fuse is disconnected, the glass position of all door windows have to be reset to the initial
positions, one by one, with the power window control switch by following the procedure below:
A) Reconnect the battery terminal or fuse.
B) Turn ON the ignition switch.
C) Lower the window of each door halfway or more with the power window switch.
D) Then close the window fully with the power window switch.
Do not release the switch for at least 2 seconds after the window is fully closed.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey it was NP. I am sure people will be replacing speaker or something in these things and freaking out when there windows stop working. i know i was.

·
Registered
181 Posts
hahaha.. yeah thanks for the heads up

i would've been freakin too.. but then again i would've driven str8 back to the
dealership (only a 4 minute drive from me
)

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
without question people are going to be doing installs that will have this same effect, so along with making the tech manual a sticky, i am going to pin this one as well, at least for a while.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
hmm...I just tried this but it didn't fix my window problem. The passenger switch on the driver's side still doesn't work.

EDIT - Nevermind, apparently I can't read. The fix works perfect. Thanks!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts