Scion tC Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,
First of all, I want to thank all of you because I have learned soooooooooooooooo much about my tC from you!
I've got pretty much all of the aesthetics down on my tC... now I want my stereo system to be up to par. I want to add an after market sub/amp and I have found a guy that sells the wiring harness on eBay ("eurowerks", in Hayward CA). Even though I have a six disc in-dash CD changer that plays mp3's, I miss my Nomad Zen with 20 GB of mp3's (about 5000 songs at one time). I drove a Jeep Wrangler before my tC and ran it with an FM modulator to avoid getting a good stereo stolen with little or no effort. I found a harness that will input via RCA... thanks to you folks RCA Input for Pioneer This guy will allow me to input basically any external audio source through my stock system. Now to the point...
Has anyone pulled their stock head unit? Even better, do you have pics or instructions? I have been brave in my past vehicles, but with my tC, I am so hesitant to do things until I know how to do it. Kinda weird I know, but to be honest..... I've screwed up messing with dashes and I would rather learn from someone elses victories (or mistakes) this time.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Thanks, man! I wanted to install the same adapter on the back of my head unit, and this will save me some cash and some time at a stereo shop!

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Originally posted by basilisk4@Aug 26 2004, 05:09 AM
Thanks, man! I wanted to install the same adapter on the back of my head unit, and this will save me some cash and some time at a stereo shop!
Any time. Like I mentioned before - Atlanta area peeps are welcome to use my services for tC accessory installs

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Thank you so much zoltiz, that is exactly what I needed!!!! I can't wait to dive in now.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Gonna go attempt the XM install now...

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Originally posted by basilisk4@Aug 28 2004, 07:39 AM
Gonna go attempt the XM install now...
Should have called me

·
Registered
290 Posts
zoltiz is that the info you got with your subwoofer?? I just ordered mine and i want to know if i need to print that or if i am getting one with my subwoofer enclsure:0

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Originally posted by J&J flinTc@Sep 2 2004, 09:06 PM
zoltiz is that the info you got with your subwoofer?? I just ordered mine and i want to know if i need to print that or if i am getting one with my subwoofer enclsure:0
I never bought a tC sub - I have a $40 bazooka 8" tube - good enough for me, extremely easy install with Scion Bazooka harness and I still have access to trunk storage nooks.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Originally posted by J&J flinTc@Sep 3 2004, 04:46 AM
where did you get that PDF file??
Paul Nupier from http://www.mcgeorgeparts.com gave the PDFs to me - I bought all my accessories from him - great prices, and a great guy in general - very helpful.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I was reading through that PDF and it says to use a nylon removal tool to get the dash apart. Can I get this tool from the dealership or can I use something else instead? I want to use the right tool to help prevent damge to the dash when I take it apart. Thanks

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Uh, I used my hands and it caused no damage of any kind. No tool is required.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Well I followed the PDF (same instructions came with my sub kit) and removed all the parts carefully by hand no problems no cracks this car comes apart fairly easy and goes back together even easier
no need for the nylon removal tool just a gentle tug!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts